• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SAPPHIRE HD 6450 fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

googalabosh

I am new to building so I am need of some help. I've been trying to find a cooling fan for my SAPPHIRE HD 6450 and I'm having problems finding one. If anyone can help me out it would be great. Thank you.

I'm not looking for anything expensive either.

Which one specifically? Can you post a link to it?

That said, its a pretty low end card and is also low profile, so Im not sure the typical aftermarket cooling solutions will work with this card. My suggestion is to email Sapphire and see if they can assist you.

Do you just want a fan or a new heatsink and fan... as I thought those cards are mostly/all passive?

Which one specifically? Can you post a link to it?

That said, its a pretty low end card and is also low profile, so Im not sure the typical aftermarket cooling solutions will work with this card. My suggestion is to email Sapphire and see if they can assist you.

Do you just want a fan or a new heatsink and fan... as I thought those cards are mostly/all passive?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102933

Being new to building I know very little about VGA cards. I dont know much about choosing a heatsink/fan for them. I have read some reviews of these cards getting a little warm and trying my best to keep my computer as cool as possible. I still need to upgrade the cooling system for my cpu too but I thought I would start here first.

Its made to not use a fan.. Why do you need a new heatsink and fan for that? (You dont). And I take it you are not planning on gaming with this card as it is NOT made for that at all.

Its made to not use a fan.. Why do you need a new heatsink and fan for that? (You dont). And I take it you are not planning on gaming with this card as it is NOT made for that at all.

No I'm not a gamer. Like I said I'm just trying to keep the temp down in the computer so that I can get as much life out of it as I can.

Dont worry about it. Its made for that. Its not worth putting in $20 on a $40 card for little/no gains.

Back