• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Side Window Decals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

Here's the situation. I have a HAF X and I really don't like the side panel. I want a windowed panel for cheap without having to get dirty. Luckily Cooler Master makes a HAF 932 window that fits right on the HAF X. That is what I want.

But I noticed something funny. The standard window costs $20 with $12 shipping. Their AMD Dragon edition window is literally $10 with same shipping and it is the exact same window, except that it has that AMD Dragon decal/paint, whatever it is on it.

Here's where you guys come in. What is the most painless way of removing it without any scrathing or damage. I don't want to replace the plexi glass. I need a way of removing it where the $10 savings is worth it. I heard a heat gun, or some chemicals will remove it. Any suggestions?

If it is a decal (my best guess it is) use steam, or heat.
To remove window tint (which was a *****... just pay some one to do it lol) i used a steam cleaner... then returned it lol.

But i know just heat alone works to just be careful not to get to hot or have a hot spot and melt it.

Chemicals could do bad things to the cheap plexi.

I ahve used goo be gone to remove cd lables .... works real good. You would need to remove the window from the door and soak it in it for a while. Dont know how well it works on plastic stickers but it does not harm plastic so it is safe for your window. Its not expensive so it wouldnt hurt to try. At worse use the hair drier and then use go be gone to get rid of the glue residue.

The biggest thing is the glue, you could call the manufacturer and do some research on the kind of glue it is. There are companies that are experts in adhesive stuff, you could always call one of those

The biggest thing is the glue, you could call the manufacturer and do some research on the kind of glue it is. There are companies that are experts in adhesive stuff, you could always call one of those

I think hes prolly tried something by now lol...
wish he would reply tho :) see who was right

Now I haven't purchased it. Weird thing is the normal window is out of stock so I might have to try it either way. Can goo gone painters pal work? That's what i just got.

or you could just buy the more expensive window and not have to worry about ruining the side pannel trying to remove what ever is on it :shrug:

Back