• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max over-clocking for 7970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The clock speed? Or the card.. Idk if I mentioned I had the XFX Double-D Radeon-7970

I have two presets via MSI Afterburner, one is default settings across the board, including auto fan; the second is my gaming OC, 1225/1650 with little bump on voltages, and +20 on the power limit w/ the fan set @ 65%, card never breaks 60c gaming...

I think the coolers play a major role in your cards overall temps, but solid case flow and cool ambient temps can play just as big of a roll.

Off topic, I almost got your very card, but EVERYONE had been sold out forever, until I found a Gigabyte Windforce card instock...

I have two presets via MSI Afterburner, one is default settings across the board, including auto fan; the second is my gaming OC, 1225/1650 with little bump on voltages, and +20 on the power limit w/ the fan set @ 65%, card never breaks 60c gaming...

I think the coolers play a major role in your cards overall temps, but solid case flow and cool ambient temps can play just as big of a roll.

Off topic, I almost got your very card, but EVERYONE had been sold out forever, until I found a Gigabyte Windforce card instock...

Yeah, I like the XFX, its original price was $450ish after rebate was $414.99 but it ended 8/31 and I was lucky to catch that price.

Back