• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Birthday present??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

QUESTION: How do you add the latest drivers to a second card you wish to install in your present PC. The card is a SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB DDDR5 TWIN FAN MODEL.:-/

P.S. COMMENTS AND ADVICE GREATLY WELCOME.:welcome:

Are the graphic cards the same? 6950's?
If so, just install the card and the os will do it.
With or without the bridge..

SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB DDR5 IN CROSSFIRE.

OnDborder: THANKS for the reply, yes i plan to get a second SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB DDR5 or i think the WIFE IS haha as a pressie. I already have as you can see this card in and working with the latest drivers by AMD installed. So my question was if i was to put 1 more in, in CROSSFIRE HOW do you up date the drivers for that card and that card only. Without cause a problem to the other one already there????:confused:

P.S. NEVER RUN CROSSFIRE BEFORE????:welcome:

REGARDS, AJAY57.

Drivers are already installed for the first card, so windows will run them on the second card as well.

Nothing to do except waiting for windows to automatically update the device driver.

The drivers are already installed. When you install the other 6950, Windows will just load the Catalyst drivers and use it for that device. Then, just use whatever tool AMD has to enable Crossfire (long time no see AMD...), and it'll be done! Both GPUs will disappear for a while (you'll hear two "device disconnected" sounds) and a new GPU will appear (a "device connected" sound) that will be your Crossfired GPU (at least, that's how it works with nVidia SLi).

THAT'S GREAT: Thanks guy's that really sounds so easy, just install the power cables and the card, and away we go. I am really interested to see what difference it will make in 3DMARK 11 SCORES, Just a quick question, before we get ahead of our selves, do you leave the DVI cable connection in the same card as it is, after installing the new card??????????

AJAY57.

2 SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB DDR5 TWIN FAN MODEL.

Question: Would you see any improvement in the overall scores etc.:thup::salute:

P.S. I think i am right in saying the PSU i am using is ok, checked it with the Cosair psu calculator, say's more than enough?????:bump:

Thanks Knufire, I take it that the primary card would be in the top slot. the x16 and the other would be slave x8 correct my friend???? Each SAPPHIRE CARD comes with a crossfire bridge in the box. Ive already got one from my first card.

Last edited:
You can expect a 80% to 95% increase in FPS with any game that supports xFire.

And going from 5.5k to 8.5/9k with stock clocks and up to 10K OC'ed in 3dMark11

TOP CLASS HELP.

Guy's i cannot thank you all enough, you really been very helpfull to an old guy like me, ok on the WEB SITE Knufire i will copy that in my notes book. For when i will hopefully get this new card, it's going to be a really great little set up, something you only DREAM ABOUT.:salute::thup::clap:

P.S. As you can see in my LIST I ALREADY OC MY GPU using Sapphire Trixx.

Last edited:
manu2b: Ok buddy by the looks of the post you did, 3DMARK11 is going to be great, is that on Standard or professional Settings and does it include 1920x1080p wide screen 16.9????
Sorry from moving away from the thread a bit just excited you know.:drool::clap:

URGENT UPDATE.

ONE LAST QUESTION: The breaking news is, cannot find the exact same card for sale, anywhere in the UK FOR SALE oh no. Let me explain the model i have is the SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 TWIN FAN (11188-05-20G). The only model i can find close to that is the SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB TWIN FAN DIRT 3 MODEL (11188-05-50G). The 1,000 Dollar question is will they work together as a pair in CROSSFIRE MODE????????????? FINGERS CROSSED I REALLY HOPE SO, after all this hard input from so many people.:bang head:-/

Last edited:
In case you get confused by our newest Senior's image, as long as you get the same GPU (for example, HD6950) and the same RAM size (for example, 2GB) you're good to go, it doesn't matter if one is from Sapphire and the other from Colortek.

^+1

Regardind 3dmark11, that's numbers for performance settings (1280x720), which comes with the free version.

You need to buy the pro version for 1080p and bunch of otjer settings.

Back