• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questions related to multiple screen setups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

genryu

Registered
system specs
main gpu sapphire hd5850 xtreme
sub gpu sapphire hd5850

with my main monitor (dvi) plugged into my main gpu and 2 other monitor(dvi) plugged into my sub gpu

it has come to my attention that i cant enable crossfireX on 3 cards or am i just doing it wrong? as im having terrible FPS playing games not having crossfireX enabled...

im seeking for assistence on this

I am going under the assumption that you want an 'eyefinity' set up.

You MUST use an active DP to DVI adapter unless at least one of your monitors has a native DP port.

Your setup is going to be a little funky because you have to use all three ports on the main card DP/DVI/HDMI. The HDMI output has overscan/underscan that you will have to tweak in CCC.

Those cards will triple crossfire according to the Sapphire site.

well i dont want eyefinity infact... i actually want just 3 screens running along with crossfireX enabled for extra performance....

Doesn't matter, still need Eyefinity enabled AFAIK, even if you don't use all three screens to game.

Not necessarily so. Windows 7 has the ability to run three monitors in extended desktop windowed mode so when you maximize a window it only fills up the one screen.

That being said. I do believe for crossfire to work you need to run all monitors of the primary card.

Back