• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 9900 MAX or Cooler Master V8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BCboneless

The title says it all. I like the looks of the Zalman but some reviews says it doesnt cool as good. The Cooler Master has a louder fan but cools better.

I have an i7-2700K that I would like to overclock. I have gotten it up to 5.2 GHz on my Xigmatek SD Gaia but it was idling at 65 C.

I am not really looking at water cooling because of the price. I really dont want to spend more than $50 before tax and shipping.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

None of them. They are both old technology, and the V8 wasn't even good when it was launched IIRC.

If I were you, for fifty bucks you can grab a Mugen 3 (SCMG-3000).

Thanks guys for the help but I went and bought the TT Water2.0 performer. I got a great deal on it. It cools better than the Zalman while being quieter. The Pro is $20 more and cools 2 C better at an OC load. Not worth the money!

That link is broken, boneless. Hope it works out for you. One thing I would mention is that just because it's a water cooling product doesn't necessarily mean it will be better than an air cooler. High end air coolers are still superior to low end water kits.

Back