• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

googalabosh

I'm new to building and need to make sure my temps are O.K. I have a screen shot attached I took using the CPUID HWMonitor App. Please let me know if there is anything I need to do extra. I also do not understand where some of sensors are (i.e. mother board sensors, ST9500420AS?). Please try not to be too technical with your words as like I said I am new. Thank you everyone for your help.

Attachments

• Temps.png
    Temps.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 146
Your Temps are fine.

ST9500420AS = Your Hard drive
TMPIN1 = Your Motherboard Socket temp
Core#0 to core#3 = CPU Core Temps

Was the HWMonitor pic taken while the processor was under full load or at idle? If those are idle temps they aren't good. If you have not done so, run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes with HWMonitor open on the desktop and then repost with a pic of HWMonitor so we can see max temps under full load.

Was the HWMonitor pic taken while the processor was under full load or at idle? If those are idle temps they aren't good. If you have not done so, run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes with HWMonitor open on the desktop and then repost with a pic of HWMonitor so we can see max temps under full load.

What is a Prime95 blend test and how do I do it?

Prime95 is a free program you can download from the internet. The blend test is one of the options for running stress tests and it is the default option. We use Prime95 to put the CPU and memory under heavy load to check for max temps and stability when overclocking.

Prime95 is a free program you can download from the internet. The blend test is one of the options for running stress tests and it is the default option. We use Prime95 to put the CPU and memory under heavy load to check for max temps and stability when overclocking.

Attached is a new screen shot of the temps during a stress test with Prime95. How does this look?

Attachments

• Temps with Stress Test.png
    Temps with Stress Test.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 127
Please put in your signature the specs of your computer. Including your case, what fans are in it and I assume you are using the stock heatsink.

Also please post individual pictures of CPUID CPU-Z, CPU, SPD and Memory tabs. That can be found here.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

For an AMD those core temps are on the high side but they would not be for an Intel. We know nothing about your hardware so it's difficult to comment very much. How's about giving us some details?

They're high, he's using an AMD Deneb.

How do you know he's using a deneb? I don't see any info to that effect in any of his posts. All we know is that his motherboard is a Gigabyte and his GPU is AMD but that could be discrete video card rather than an AMD mobo chipset. We also know his CPU has four cores. Did I miss something?

Man, right there in front of my eyes and I didn't see it. And I haven't even had a wobbly pop yet.

Lol, Trents if it makes you feel any better I totally missed it also. My old eyes are getting the best of me :p Good excuse huh.

I almost missed it myself ..... mind you I didnt notice it his tempswere at idle ..... my eyes aint what they used to be, dam it's not just my eyes ...... mind you with the abuse I have put this boddy through, not to mention some pretty stupid decisions I am sometimes surprised I am still kicking around this world. :D

I am very sorry for not replying to any posts on here. We had our first baby boy on August 30th. So It's been kinda crazy.

If anyone is still following this post below is my signature with my specs. Sorry I didn't have that before. I didn't know how to make the signature till today.

Also from what I gather the outcome is that my temps are too high. What should my temps be during a Prime95 test and during normal load?

Today I also purchased Hyper 212 in hopes this will help my temps. Any comments about this?

Thank you again to everyone for your help. I am learning a lot.

The CPU voltage seems a ittle high. 1.49.

If it is running stock clock(not over clocked yet) you might try reducing your cpu volts.
1.35 - 1.40

I don't know what is standard for that cpu.

Back