• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STALKER is dead, long live Survarium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

So it looks like a new studio has risen from the ashes of GSC gameworld and they are working on an story focused F2P MMORPG/FPS in a more interesting sounding post apocalyptic setting than their previous games.

Short version is that an attempt at biological geoengineering goes wrong and wipes out 90% of the human population, and mutated plant species overrun and destroy most human settlements.

It also features: mutants, locations on multiple continents, a variety of factions as well as clans which can be created by the player, a new DX11 engine, and mod support.

They have also stated categorically that it won't be pay to win and that purchases will simply make things like leveling up easier.

http://survarium.com/en/

I was hoping so badly that STALKER 2 would come to fruition. I liked the first game; hated the the first expansion, whatever it was called, and absolutely loved Call of Pripyat. I felt they had really put together a great weapons and armor system and the difficulty was right on point.

It was a sad day when I heard Stalker 2 was cancelled. Here's to hoping that Survivarium is anywhere as good as the Stalker series. The first game ranks up there as one of my favourite games of all time, I really wished they had started a kickstarter or some type of funding initiative to keep the project alive, I would have backed it to no end...

As for Bethesda, yes, they did purchase the IP rights but I still believe the work done on Stalker 2 lies with Sergei Grigorovich the series lead.

Also looks like Bethesda will be making a new Stalker game using the Skyrim engine, well at least we can count on them sharing one commonality...bugs.

It was a sad day when I heard Stalker 2 was cancelled. Here's to hoping that Survivarium is anywhere as good as the Stalker series. The first game ranks up there as one of my favourite games of all time, I really wished they had started a kickstarter or some type of funding initiative to keep the project alive, I would have backed it to no end...

As for Bethesda, yes, they did purchase the IP rights but I still believe the work done on Stalker 2 lies with Sergei Grigorovich the series lead.

Also looks like Bethesda will be making a new Stalker game using the Skyrim engine, well at least we can count on them sharing one commonality...bugs.

So...Fallout 4: Life In The Zone?

Despite its core gameplay mechanic being largely identical to that of The Elder Scrolls Fallout 3 really captured the writing style and visual aesthetic of the previous games in the series. Also a Creation engine Stalker game might not be so damn ugly.

I can see them making Stalker work. Their work on Fallout was really good. Minus the bugs of course, but in a game that big it is to be expected. Better them than EA gobbling them up and spitting them out yearly and then tossing them aside a few years later.

Back