• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

none permanant thermal adhesive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

im looking for something like the arctic epoxy but one that doesn't glue permanently, i had the g1 and it was awesome! it dries up just like a silicon and can be pulled off without harming anything but its discontinued now for some reason,any alternatives to the arctic g1?

Usually those are the mixing epoxy kind and end up being permanent. I don't know about snod33's recommendation, but I think he refers to the 2-Component mixing glue. That's permanent.

What is the need? I use Sekisui tape. It's really good, not for CPUs or GPUs but mosfets and other things it's REALLY efficient, thin a nd cheap. Look it up on Ebay, you can buy it easy.

Never told us for what for, that helps a lot.

id like to glue heatsinks on any surface,i really like how the g1 dries up,its just perfect!
the tape would definitely work for me but i like paste better

shant, you STILL have not said what the tape is going on. Mosfets< Vregs, unobtainium jet magic stuff?

Okay. I said my idea. Best of luck then. Get those old binders off your head and try something diff.

haha sorry :p
i don't wanna sound dumb but i wanna use them on capacitors and pretty much everything else i can find on my gtx460 that heats up,even by a tiny bit, i want to install heatsinks on everything i can find
i have the Accelero Twin Turbo II installed on it,i covered the vrm's and memories with the g1 that came with it and now i want to cover everything else with a similar paste
as for performance,50C during gaming on the warmest days oced to 850mhz core and 2100mhz memory ...epic!

see why i didn't mention it in the first place? i know,there is no benefit
i still want to do it :p

The way I have always done it is a tiny tiny dot of superglue in 2 corners of each sink with thermal paste blob in middle just slide a razor blade / stanley knife under the sink when you want to remove it

The way I have always done it is a tiny tiny dot of superglue in 2 corners of each sink with thermal paste blob in middle just slide a razor blade / stanley knife under the sink when you want to remove it

id destroy it :shock:

what ? destroy what ? I have ran 3 generations of cards all 2 year or more periods like this without any issues what so ever you just need a tiny tiny amount not a drop thats too big just dab something in a drop of the glue and put a tiny dot on 2 corners and mx4 in the middle of chip never caused me any problems

no thank you!
so im guessing there is no similar product as the g1 anymore :-/

:bump:
guys just wanted to tell you that arctic is developing a new compound to replace the G1 paste, but no eta yet, this is good news for anyone wanting to use the g1 product.
now waiting :popcorn:

Back