• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone with MS VS2010, 64-bit Matlab, and Win7 64bit compile this for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KillrBuckeye

My work PC just got upgraded from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. I do software development in Matlab, and with the 64-bit version of Matlab I've discovered that I need a 64-bit version of an executable I use to write MPG video files from within Matlab. The source code is user-contributed (covered by BSD license), but only comes pre-compiled for 32-bit Windows and some *NIX flavors.

I found instructions for compiling the source code here and was hoping to do this myself, but I don't have VS 2010. I was going to try a workaround using VS 2010 Express and the MS Software Development Kit, but for some reason the SDK won't install on my work PC. I suspect it may conflict with my corporate load somehow. Anyhow, if someone with these tools (VS 2010, a 64-bit version of Matlab, and 64-bit Windows 7) can spare a bit of time to help a fellow out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Please disregard my original request. After some trouble I was able to install the SDK on my work PC and successfully compile the 64-bit mpgwrite executable.

Hello KillrBuckeye,
Could you tell me how do you solve the problem? I meet the same problem right now.. matlab 2010b 64bits, win7 home premium..:"(

Back