• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Folder here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im going to try! I have 2-2600k's running so far at 4.4ghz, plus my 3930k. I'm just running the CPU only as they have 6950's in them. Im going to see if improvement is made in efficiency. So for now it'll just be Cpu's. But they are churning away. So far on the 2600's the average temp is around 63 so it's still got some room.

Sounds nice

and once you have completed your 1st 10 SMP WU's you will start earning bonus points and get perhaps quadruple the PPD per WU :D

Then you can start to see what PPD you are really earning

ahh really nice

the points are going to start rolling in now :D

It definitely does get addictive, years back when I was folding for my last small team I was a part of I had about 13 machines here and there folding 24/7 ^^

I am slowly lining things up again to start adding more machines in the coming months maybe :)

Becoming addicting....

Yes, your well on your way......:attn:

GT.png

If it becomes necessary, Team 32 has a Addiction Education Program..........

Program objectives

The Addiction Education program was developed in partnership with the Stanford University to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills for working with folder's with addictions. Courses are designed to help you:

--Understand addictions and approaches to intervention, including assessment, treatment, relapse prevention, case management and self-help

--Develop or enhance individual and group counselling techniques

--Explore specific needs of individuals and groups including, women, youth, the elderly, adult children of alcoholics, people with concurrent disorders or other disabilities, and people with gambling or folding problems

This program requires a formal application.

:eek:

Good Morning.

Any updates on how much PPD the 7970 pull each. Am getting curious as am 6hrs away from perhaps winning a 7950 on ebay :)

Was going to goto the Dark Side and buy an NVidia 660 Ti to fold with... but the 7950 is cheaper and So Much better in games ^^

Just hope the f@h guys update the OpenCL code soon so these great cards can show what they are capable of.

To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to look. I have a bunch of stuff running right now, can I find that info separate from everything else? Let me know where to look, and I'll get it.

Heya,

Select the Expert drop down in FAHControl
In the "Folding Slots" area select the gpu line
Now to the right you have the "Work Unit" info area - the part we are interested in is the "Estimated PPD" numbers and maybe the "Esitmated TPF" also

Seems I sorta won a cheap deal with that 7950 I was bidding for on ebay so imagine I will know for sure soon enough also

Cheers,

Humanoid1 :D

I will check it out in the AM.

I am almost at 100k for points with about 50 WU's done. Am I missing something? I thought it should be a lot higher by now if the 20-30k per machine per day was to be expected? I have a total of 5 machines running now. So I would have thought it would be well over the 100k mark.

EDIT****I have learned another valuable lesson this weekend....Windows updates will update your machine......AND REBOOT IT!!! ARGGGG No wonder it was like that. I think I only had one or two running, the rest rebooted..I hate windows...

Last edited:
Yeah, so Stupid!!!

Does not matter what you are doing...

Long online gaming session with mates...
Nice chilled movie session with friends...

Forced reboot and can only delay it 3 hours was it should have an option of at least 8 hours, 12+ would be better. Or just damn tell you to reboot when possible next -.-

I disabled my auto-update because of that damn thing! Do it manually now and then now - is much better :)

Yes, I set them all to manually. I came in to check on them, and the only one running was my old i7-870. The rest had all rebooted. Oh well. Old reliable comes through again. I have learned several things since starting this project, so it's cool. I'm learning. Hopefully now I'll see those numbers climb.

Yeah man, you are set to be Flying past me soon enough at this rate :D

Going to do my best to slow that day down I might add though ~_^

Just about at 200k now. Question..Should I set my smp to the number of cores or leave it at -1? Does it make a difference or is it the same thing. From what I understand, -1 lets the client set it to what it wants.

"-1" the client will use all available cores......The only time you need to specify a number is when you don't want the client to use all available cores.

An example would be if you were also folding on a gpu & wanted a free core to "feed" it.

Edit: Sorry GoD_tattoo, i had typed "0" instead of "-1".......My bad :(

Last edited:
No problem, I hadn't tried to change anything yet anyway. Finally broke 200k and just about to 100 WU. Ive found that my 6 core machine gets waaaay more points per WU over the 4 cores. I keep checking the score like a fiend.

Definitely pulls you in. I love having my machine folding in the background while I am working - makes me feel all like I am achieving that something extra in my day :D

Thanks! I'm liking it. Almost at 500K so far, and Friday will make a week, so it looks like I will definately make that million point mark. Saw that as a challenge, and it looks like I should have no problems getting there. My new goal is to get to the top 100 on the team. I haven't broken top 500 yet, so I have a way to go...Thanks for letting me help!

Back