• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VRAM Sweet Spot for 7850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micjmac

I ran Heaven today to see how much my memory overclock was helping me. So I ran one benchmark with stock memory and another benchmark with my memory pushed to its limit. What I noticed is that I scored a higher FPS with the former. Am I better off keeping the memory at stock, or is there a sweet spot?

Once you get close to the brink, if the memory is not stable, you can get performance decreases. Try backing it down 25Mhz and see if that improves the FPS.

Frakk also created a thread on GPU and Memory scaling with a 7870 you may want to look at to see the scaling on that card across a couple games/benchmarks.

I must have made an error with the settings because I started over and it seems to be scaling down properly as I back the overclock off. The overclocked memory is in fact faster than stock memory.

Last edited:
Back