• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$25 Borderlands 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"This product is no longer in stock"

Marking as expired. Good deal, though.

cant launch game after downloading

paid for it via this method last night. i was able to download it but i cant launch it past his point

weird_error.png

Did it install the prerequisites? Have you tried restarting the computer or Steam?

After i installing Borderlands 2 i had to install like 6 more prerequisites like Thideras mentioned for it to work. Should of came up to when you hit play game. If not relog into steam to see if it works.

its not asking me to install searchlight or anything

the first time it did when i installed it last night but i think i gooofed up on it. i reinstalled and nothing

i uninstalled something thatwas installed with the game when i istalled it last night as well. this time around its not asking me for this stuff so im vey confused

edit: currently trying to validate the files. do i need to download the RU version?

-
edit: it says 1 file failed to validate and will be acquired. once that dl is done it still doesnt boot up

i did the following and rebooted and it didnt help. i am frustrated

1# Borderlands 2 Installation Fix – Can’t Start, Crash on Launch
After verifying the game cache, manually run these secondary installers required for the game. To do this, exit the steam entirely and go to Borderlands 2 installation directory (C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\)and look for:

\Binaries\Redist\DXRedistCutdown\DXSETUP.exe
\Binaries\Redist\vcredist_2005_x86.exe
\Binaries\Redist\vcredist_2005_atl_x86.exe
\Binaries\Redist\vcredist_x86.exe.exe
\Binaries\Redist\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2012/09/18/b...-crashes-freezes-and-fps-fixes/#ixzz27I1bAhsr

i then folllowed that up by doing the following

2# Borderlands 2 Won’t Go Past Preparing To Launch – Steam
If you can’t get past preparing to launch screen, verify the integrity of the game cache and restart Steam to fix this issue.

again it still does not work.other games run fine

Last edited:
I know it shouldn't matter but have u updated your video drivers. Just throwing it out there. Have no idea why its not working. Might have to contact steam and see if they can do anything. Sucks to hear your having so much problems with it getting to work. And dont download the RU version. It the Russian version and either wont play because of region or wont understand whats going on if u do.

It won't just show up in steam. You will receive the code for the game and you redeem it in steam.

It is my understanding they give you a code, which you then activate in Steam, which should be instant.

emot-argh.gif Januuuussssss!!!

Yippee got it! And Max Payne 3 :)
And there are so many other games there that I want to buy.....but shouldn't spend so much money...

EDIT: Um...so max payne 3 can't be redeemed in steam...looks like I have to use some download manager. But when I click the link to download it it can't load the page. GRrr...

DOUBLE EDIT: Ok...i was dumb enough to buy the non-steam version.... so I gotta download 4 big ISOs and burn them to disks or else try to get a refund. (talking about max payne 3)

Last edited:
I know it shouldn't matter but have u updated your video drivers. Just throwing it out there. Have no idea why its not working. Might have to contact steam and see if they can do anything. Sucks to hear your having so much problems with it getting to work. And dont download the RU version. It the Russian version and either wont play because of region or wont understand whats going on if u do.

I tried all of that. I might call steam but i dont know their number or their hours.

Back