• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED H60 or Air cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reflex97

Registered
Hi i was hoping to purchase a corsair hydro h60 but have heard there are much better air coolers for around the same price.So basiclly could i get some recommendations on what to get....:soda:

I am currently using a Zalman CNPS9700NT for my i7 and it keeps it cool. But i will eventually go for the hydro H80 or h100 because i just don't want any noise. Even though the Zalman is very quiet, just want to try out liquid cooling for a bit :D

I am currently using a Zalman CNPS9700NT for my i7 and it keeps it cool. But i will eventually go for the hydro H80 or h100 because i just don't want any noise. Even though the Zalman is very quiet, just want to try out liquid cooling for a bit :D

i have heard the h80 and h100 arent very much on the quiet side, i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats what i have read.
i would personally get a better air cooler if you have the space, that is one of the better sides of the h- series coolers is they can be mounted on the case instead of taking up a whole area on the motherboard. its really all up to your preference

Any of those coolers, air or water, can be quiet if you put low speed fans on them. The radiators/heatsinks themselves don't make any noise

i have heard the h80 and h100 arent very much on the quiet side, i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats what i have read.
i would personally get a better air cooler if you have the space, that is one of the better sides of the h- series coolers is they can be mounted on the case instead of taking up a whole area on the motherboard. its really all up to your preference
This is true the stock fans are pretty bad and i would replace them in push/pull with Noctua NF-P12 fans:D

Last edited:
I have a silver arrow, its silent and very very cool, I never went over 61C on any core this week running long P95 runs and 100-pass IBT runs, avg core was ~53-54

Antec 620 is noisy as hell, needs high rpm fans to deliver, and the pump can go bad and make more noise.
If you want silent and good performance, get a Silver Arrow, or a True Spirit 140.

Antec 620 is noisy as hell, needs high rpm fans to deliver, and the pump can go bad and make more noise.
If you want silent and good performance, get a Silver Arrow, or a True Spirit 140.
I am putting new fans on it :shock:
And also i wanna try water cooling not for the performance just for the clean look in the system....

Last edited:
The TT 2.0 is probably made by the same factory. Or close to it. Has TT got the manager living there at the factory checking samples and testing them? If so, the TT 2.0 is okay.

All of the Corsair, Antec, TT, Intel watercoolers are made in factories in another place. They are all made at big profit high RMA programs. They can afford a 15% RMA. Will you be one of the 15% or so folks?

An air heatsink has a MUCH lower RMA rate, and almost as good. What is your planned temp profile? Push the overclocks and case/rad fans till the CPU or your ears bleed?

If not, get a top air cooler and be happy. And not RMA, be happy.

I would also vote for the Noctua D14 but make sure your case is wide enough to accommodate its height. Your case will need to be around 7.75-8.0" wide to provide clearance to the side panel. That would be measured across the top panel or outside of right side panel to outside of the left side panel.

Back