• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help setting up dual socket server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I have a spare dual socket server running two E5540's and need some help setting it up.

I tried to install V7, but it didn't work. Gave me an error about configuration being wrong. I'm guessing I need to use a different version?

I'm very new here ( a week) so be gentle when explaining things to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was going to PM some of the top guys, but figured I'd ask here first in case others are looking to set up something similar.

Is it 64-bit? I have, as of now, only tried on a 32-bit and had crashes with the SMP core, I think this was because the CPUs on the test server I have are old k7 with no SSE2.

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, I thought I included that earlier.

Running Windows 2003 32 bit

does your version of windows server support 2 physical cpu's? If it does you should have no problems running the v7 client, i run it on my dual CPU daily driver and w7 x64

I may have had a mild case of idiot. Rebooted it and checked settings and it started right up..I have those moments sometimes. Usually towards the end of the day

Back