• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI Z77A-GD55 Aux / 3770K temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

connec

Hey everyone,

I've just recently built a new system based on an MSI Z77A-GD55 and an Intel 3770K, and today I've been running some stress tests and watching the temps.

Anyway, this has raised two concerns:

1. The CPU idles at a pleasant 35 degrees or so, however when stressed the temp jumps near-instantly to around 60 degrees and remains there. 60 degrees seems like a reasonable max temp, however I'm concerned about the sudden increase of almost 30 degrees.
  2. One of my temps, that AIDA64 reports as 'Aux', is running at around 70 degrees fairly consistently (it's around 30-40 after a cold boot, but seems to reach 70 fairly quickly without much help). It also seems to vary between ~65 and ~75 degrees during stress testing.

So far there have been no stability hitches after running AIDA64 stress test for around an hour, and the temps are stable (CPU@60, Aux@65-75), so I guess I'm just curious whether either of those things could be a problem?

Last edited:
The only temp's you need to be concerned with are the core temp's, read by either Core Temp or Real Temp. Just disregard any other temp's line AUX, which most software like AIDA and SpeedFan read incorrectly anyway. As far as the 60C temp. you're seeing while the CPU is under load, is that the 'CPU Temp' (Tcase) or one of the core temp's (Tjunction), and what are the current case / ambient temp. and Vcore (read by CPU-Z) while under 100% load like while running LinX or Prime?

It is instant because all the bits in the chip are now at 100%. Not at 10% etc. LOTS more work happening. Perfectly normal.

Don't worry about the aux temps, they are mobo etc temps and mobo makers have never put reliable sensors or software to measure it.

If the system is fine, your fine.

Thanks for the responses, the system's been running fine so I'm assuming all is well.

Back