• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen Flickering AMD 6970 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

Hi, my 6970 recently keeps flickering. It mostly happens when I move the scroll wheel on my mouse up and down and when video is playing. It doesn't turn on off but has weird abnormalities to the picture. I tried the usual, change drivers, uninstall drivers, remove card.

When I go to ccc and change GPU scaling to on OR off, the card resets for a second and then the problem goes away. But every time I reboot the problem occurs again. Any thoughts and suggestions?

It's overclocked, but I have had the same overclock for a year and temps never go above 60c.

mine does the same thing. i found i can either overclock it or unlock the shaders but if i do both i have issues like this. it either flickers till i restart or out of nowhere it will blackscreen and i have to hard reset.

I've done both ever since I bought the card in Jan of 11. This recently spun about a month ago. It's not hardware because I can temporarily fix it with software manipulation. Might have to rollback farther to 12.6.

I've done both ever since I bought the card in Jan of 11. This recently spun about a month ago. It's not hardware because I can temporarily fix it with software manipulation. Might have to rollback farther to 12.6.

i could definetly see it being a driver issue. i did notice it got worse with 12.8 but i changed so many things at once that it was hard to pin it down to 1 thing causing it.

for me it is a driver issue. before i was playing mp on 12.6 (on HDD), then i got the SDD and reinstalled everything and updated to 12.6, and now i get the same problem. during games screen flickers

Its def driver issue when they are overcloked, I use trixx to overclock, and I stayed on 12.4 for a long time with no problems.Then decided to upgrade to a newer one, I have profiles with different clock ratedfor my unlocked 6950 standard/ 900/ 940, and when i change in between each preset the screen flickers for a sec or 2, But very rarely sometimes the whole screen will continually flicker on the 940 preset unless I log off and log back on. It never did it with 12.4

Back