• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much GDDR do I need to run my game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have seen over 2100mb vram usage in AC4 maxed out @1080p, I don't remember the exact value, but it was around 2100-2300, so I would say 3GB is minimum if you're looking to max out games at 1080p and up.
Hi vdgamer! Agreed. Yep...2.5GB is just cutting it a little close for a number of modern, top titles.

Thanks NeonCancerCandy!

Will try to get this thread updated in the coming weeks and will add your results!

Wanted to bump this thread. A lot of the test are focused around 1080 and 3 screens. I ran some 1440p test. I will continue to add to this post. I've did an initial test of three AAA titles. I maxed everything at 1440 no vsync

Fry Cry 4: 2947 memory usage
Battlefield 4: Just under 2300 memory usage - played for a while but didn't go above 2290.
Crysis 3: 2620 memory usage

Im actually glad I ran these test because I was considering grabbing another 780, but after looking at this, playing at 1440 you really need a min of 4gb card if you are considering running SLI or xfire. I'll add more as I get them.

Back