• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Foldin' crew!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Well well well... Long time, eh'?

Hope you all are well. Glad to see the CC wen GREAT for you guys. Summer was crazy for me... after hocking my 4P I finally went on that Bahamas Cruise. If you have never been... DO IT! And take any room, you dont need anything fancy, there is TONS to do on the ship.

Anywho... Looks like I have reading up to do on here, and over in the CPU section to see the new and possible upcoming changes. I have taken a huge financial hit as of late, and the upcoming holiday shopping followed by a possibly bad tax season looks like I will not be pulling the trigger on a 4P or any new flavors of folding stuff as soon as I'd like... I hope to get some form of a rig again to fold or even just occational gamming! Laptop cant cut it anymore!!!!

I'll be lurking around :chair:

Hello
You joined after I went on a brake.
Have fun but keep your priorities, it sounds like you have them right.
i5 or an i7 would be the games choice and fold when your not gaming, keeping you ticking over till funds allow.

Aftermath... nice to meet ya! Yeah, id love to build me a i7 rig again... had the 3960X last chistmas, loved the 5ghz+!!, then got my 4p... Id settle for the regular 3930k.. or just go budget with the 3820... im just wondering if intel will be on another upcoming tick/tock cycle tho, and maybe wait till then... 4-5 months outta the computer game now-a-days is a LONG time! lol!!

@D.... thanks bud! :beer: back at ya!

Isn't there always something around t' corner (spoken as : #nod of head at end of first word# 'roundt corner : silent 't' {up north where I am}) says bloke on a core2duo.

I would look at a regular i7 or i5. Band for buck init ? :p

Back