• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does WLM make my 2nd GPU jump from idle to stock clocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M33Cat

I un-hooked my PSU today to oil it's rattling fan, and I put everything back together exactly the same.

Then I noticed that whenever I start windows live mail in win7 64-bit, my 2nd 6950 goes from idle 250/150 to full 800/1250, and closing WLM makes it idle again. GPU1 is fine and stays idle.

I ran video in VLC, and run a bunch of tabs in firefox and a utube vid, and GPU1 does its normal thing, and GPU2 stays idle. But again starting WLM makes it goto 800/1250, close WML and back to idle. It launches on a futureshop ad, deleted it and launched on a newegg ad, and switching to a simple text email doesn't change the situation.

I uninstalled MSIAB 2.2.4 and deleted settings, ran ccleaner, rebooted, ran ccleaner and installed 2.2.4, and same problem. It DEFINITELY wasn't doing this yesterday or ever before, I check MSIAB half often and leave WLM running lots of times.

Last system restore was 3 days ago when I installed a star wars game, so no clues there.

No one responded to this guy, that was on 9/18/12
http://www.overclock.net/t/1307184/windows-live-mail-starting-up-crossfire

and the main annoyance/problem is that running at 800/1250 makes the temps go from ~35 to 55C with the fan going from 16% @idle to 28%

Well it stopped yesterday after the PC went to sleep. So I just fully turned off and now its doing it again.

thanks I un-install and might try that

I have thunderbird, but I just uninstalled and installed WLM and it's doing the exact same thing on my 2nd gpu

strange, I'll stick with thunderbird

Back