• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Cooler Master 212 Hyper 212+ work with a 939?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

easytim

Will a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ work with an AMD 939?

- CPU: AMD Socket 939 Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ Processor

- MB: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

I doubt it. Socket 939 uses a 2 hole mounting system. All other modern sockets use a 4 bolt design.

Versatile all-in-one mounting solution for Intel Socket LGA1366/1156/1155/775 and AMD Socket AM3/AM2+/AM2.

If your handy you might be able to rig up your own mounting bar though.

It will work. At least, a friend's Hyper TX3 does not use mounting holes, but AMD's "flagship" mounting system, with the brackets and such.

That system has been there since... 754 IIRC.

It works just fine. AMD has had the same mounting system since the Athlon 64's came out. Hasn't changed since Socket A was replaced.

My 939 board has two holes, as do most 939 boards, not four, and the hyper 212 is a bolt through mount using four holes, meaning you can't clip it on like you can with the tx3 to the hold down plastic mounts for the stock cooler. Maybe you're lucky and have four holes for the mounting, and if you are then yeah it will work.

My 939 board has two holes, as do most 939 boards, not four, and the hyper 212 is a bolt through mount using four holes, meaning you can't clip it on like you can with the tx3 to the hold down plastic mounts for the stock cooler. Maybe you're lucky and have four holes for the mounting, and if you are then yeah it will work.

If the H212 is bolt-through, then it won't work with s939.

I had @ least 4 939 mbs and they all had the 4 hole system

Back