• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When will we see HD7990?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
I have been looking online and i see alot about the 7990, but not anything about a release on it?

Its not on amd's home page, anyone know when it will be out?

Last edited:
newegg had 5 the other day but they sold out fast!

I managed to find a store that has 3 in store. But PowerColor produce 2 types of 7990, the Devil 13 and a "normal" one.

I cannot find the normal one, and the Devil is price heavy at 1485$ here in Denmark, plus i dont really need the tool kit and all that. But my god is it ever a huge thing!

There is no good driver, so its useless. AMD never intented to release a double GPU, so they dont bother (its rumours, nothing else). But i know a good reason, because when using a Matrix 7970 at OC, it pretty much will pack everything at nice FPS. Soon there will be a 8000 series and the 7970 can be cross or quadfired (at cheaper cost vs. double GPU) for those who need unlimited power, so why to bother?

In term its still not powerful enough, at least less than half the bucks spend and in a few months there is a even more powerful single GPU out, probably very close to the power of the GTX 590 when OC. So there simply is no good reason putting out over 1000 $ on a double GPU anymore. Ineffective and expensive, thats just common sense but please feel free. Would probably be better deal to get a 6 core K-type-CPU instead, at least more useful than a 1000+ $ GPU which will be outdated in a few months.

Last edited:
Back