• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus Xonar Essence STX no sound!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks again for your assistance Dakyris. Now that I have the headset and sound card working together I have another question. My BeyerDynamic MMX 300 are rated at 32ohms. I was wondering if that is where I leave the setting at in the Asus Xonar Audio Center. I thought this high end headset would be rated for higher performance. I am running it in the "normal" setting of 64 ohms and below. I don't understand electrical stuff so this might be the right setting or not. Anyone that has the answer please let me know. I tried the 64 to 300 ohm setting for just a brief test and it was quite a bit louder. I don't want to fry my headset. It just sounds a bit weak in the normal setting. I might have to adjust it elsewhere. Thanks again for all the assistance and encouragement. Very grateful to be gaming again with full coms in operation.

I would leave it at the setting that you have now, otherwise you might damage your headset. Think of impedance as resistance. Higher rated impedance (ohms) sets require more juice to run them properly. Higher ohms does not equal higher performance. Different sets are designed for different scenarios. For example, you can use your set with an ipod, where as with a higher impedance, you would barely hear anything or nothing at all. The option in your xonar is there to drive higher impedance sets. Impedance is also a factor in eliminating noise, but you shouldn't have an issue with your setup. I have the same sound card as well as the same headset. They are too loud for me at max volume. There might be a slider somewhere that you didn't turn up. Check the windows sound mixer and your xonar application.

Thanks for the explanation. Even an old hick like me can understand it. I did adjust the sound in the Xonar Audio Center and it is plenty loud now. I will leave it where it belongs. It sounds good with music and in game. Thanks again.

the problem im having is im only getting 30% out of my RCA and almost noting out of my headphones. i have tryed everything and noting. i just finished reinstalling windows 7 and reinstalling drivers and im stuck with the some problem. when i first got this card t was a problem so i swop it out and took it back for a new card and same thing im getting

Go to the Asus Xonar Essence Audio Center in the windows task bar(right bottom corner of your screen) Click the menu button( at the bottom right next to the dolby logos) You have to change the analoge out to preferred setting. It will work..Cheers!!!

Back