• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Not Displaying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reloaded1337

Registered
My original problem was when I installed my new graphics card(Radeon 7770), and plugged the monitor into the new plug, my monitor would not work (yellow light). I figured it was my PSU, so I bought a new one (500w). It's doing the same thing. After looking it up, the most common solution is disabling integrated graphics from the BIOS, but I cannot find where to do that in the BIOS. When I go into integrated peripherals the options are:

Onboard Sata Controller Enabled
Onboard Sata Mode AHCI
Onboard USB Controller Enabled
Legacy USB Support Enabled
USB Storage Emulation Auto
Onboard Audio Controller Enabled
Onboard LAN Controller Enabled
Onboard LAN Option ROM Disabled

Do I need to install the drivers from the CD and then switch to the new plug? Thanks!

It would be incredibly helpful to list your motherboard so we know what we are dealing with as with different motherboards they are in different places.

That said, its in there, keep looking until you get a motherboard up here and we can help. :)

Ouch... A Gateway. No clue on where it would be there... You have plugged in the power connector to the discrete GPU and plugged the monitor in to the discrete GPU correct?

Ouch... A Gateway. No clue on where it would be there... You have plugged in the power connector to the discrete GPU and plugged the monitor in to the discrete GPU correct?

What do you mean by plugging the power connector to the discrete GPU?

Just what I said really. The 7770 (which is a discrete card vs onboard is not) requires a 6 pin PCIe power connector plugged in to it in order to work...

Its the simple things sometimes... let's hope that it was something as easy as that. :)

Thanks alot.. hahaha. Apparently every single video I watched on how to install the GPU was a card that didn't need to have another plug... Turns out the PSU wasn't the problem afterall ;) (Good thing I got one anyway, the minimum for the GPU is 450 and I had 300)

Back