• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Abit Users Please Read This

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My ABIT board is wiggin out NEED HELP!!!

I will start by saying that I love my NGURU AI7 board. I have been running my Intel 2.4Ghz Oclocked to about 3Ghz for about 8 months. Its been completely stable the entire time. I just upgraded my 9700pro to the all in wonder x800 XT. I am blown away by the power of this card. I read an article in CPU (Computer Power User) mag about how to tweak the services in winXp. How to safely disable all the ones that are just taking up extra processes to give windows a minor performance increase. Heres the link
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm.
I made tweaked most of the settings in the services listed as unneeded. Ive been taking note of any odd behavior since i made the changes to make sure i didnt accidentally disable something i need running. no problems at all for the past three days. Today, I turn my computer on and during boot into windows it restarts. then it booted up ok. 5 min later it restarts. then it dies completely, freezes at the POST screen. All the sudden my computer is dead. cant get into the bios... nothin. i turn off all the power and unplug all the cords from the case and wait about 15 min. When i turn it all back on, it lets me into the bios none of the settings were changed, everything is set as it has been since forever. got into windows and it restarts. so i continue trying to figure out why and how this is happening. at first i was sure that it was one of the services i tweaked, then i thought.... if thats true, then what was up with the locking up at the POST. I have no idea why but i fugured out that when i clocked my CPU back to default my system runs fine. If i raise the FSB by even 5 it will restart while windows is loading. I dont know wtf is up. It cant be the services i changed cause its runnin fine now, but what the hell is up with not being able to Oclock at all. Are the two related? How could they be. I would appreciate any and all suggestions you may have.
System Specs.
2.4ghz intel w/hyperthr
abit nguru AI7
4 kingston 3200 256mb RAM
ati x800 all in wonder
160gb maxtor 7200rpm
creative audigy2 zs
500 watt power supply dual fan
4 80mm case fans, plus the cpu fan, the x800 fan, PS fans. overheating has never been a problem so that can be ruled out completely
dsl connection

My ABIT board is wiggin out NEED HELP!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will start by saying that I love my NGURU AI7 board. I have been running my Intel 2.4Ghz Oclocked to about 3Ghz for about 8 months. Its been completely stable the entire time. I just upgraded my 9700pro to the all in wonder x800 XT. I am blown away by the power of this card. I read an article in CPU (Computer Power User) mag about how to tweak the services in winXp. How to safely disable all the ones that are just taking up extra processes to give windows a minor performance increase. Heres the link
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm.
I made tweaked most of the settings in the services listed as unneeded. Ive been taking note of any odd behavior since i made the changes to make sure i didnt accidentally disable something i need running. no problems at all for the past three days. Today, I turn my computer on and during boot into windows it restarts. then it booted up ok. 5 min later it restarts. then it dies completely, freezes at the POST screen. All the sudden my computer is dead. cant get into the bios... nothin. i turn off all the power and unplug all the cords from the case and wait about 15 min. When i turn it all back on, it lets me into the bios none of the settings were changed, everything is set as it has been since forever. got into windows and it restarts. so i continue trying to figure out why and how this is happening. at first i was sure that it was one of the services i tweaked, then i thought.... if thats true, then what was up with the locking up at the POST. I have no idea why but i fugured out that when i clocked my CPU back to default my system runs fine. If i raise the FSB by even 5 it will restart while windows is loading. I dont know wtf is up. It cant be the services i changed cause its runnin fine now, but what the hell is up with not being able to Oclock at all. Are the two related? How could they be. I would appreciate any and all suggestions you may have.
System Specs.
2.4ghz intel w/hyperthr
abit nguru AI7
4 kingston 3200 256mb RAM
ati x800 all in wonder
160gb maxtor 7200rpm
creative audigy2 zs
500 watt power supply dual fan
4 80mm case fans, plus the cpu fan, the x800 fan, PS fans. overheating has never been a problem so that can be ruled out completely
dsl connection

abo333 said:
Hi arch5

SD7-533 coming soon
BD7 ???

SH6,ST6,SA6
"SetFSB for SH6" http://www.page.sannet.ne.jp/k-hazama/other/setfsb/setfsbU13c_sh6.lzh

BX133-RAID,BF6,BE6-II
"SetFSB for BF6" http://www.page.sannet.ne.jp/k-hazama/other/setfsb/setfsbU13beta_bf6.lzh

These files are lzh(japanese standard -zip).
Please use Winace not Winzip.
Japanese people use Lhasa or in addition use various programs.

The above links are not working...404.
Is this anything I would need? I mean I am already running@157fsb and can go as high as 161 fsb without lockups but it sure heats up my computer room, so I keep my 700e around 1.1g. Ever try playing Chaos theory on a PIII @1.1g? I could build a computer in the time it takes to load a mission.
Thanks for taking the time to make a page like this one..I'll check back in a couple of days.
Doc

Back