• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems connecting 4th display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeronathan

Hello, I am currently running 3 24" monitors and just got a 42" TV mounted to become my 4th monitor. The problem is, it can pick up my TV as a display, but when I try to extend the desktop onto it, I get "unable to save display settings".

I am running a HIS 7970 that supports up to 6 monitors, I have my setup as follows:

1 monitor running VGA into a DVI converter
1 monitor runnin DVI into a HDMI converter
1 monitor running DVI to Mini Display Port

I am trying to add the TV as a HDMI to Mini Display Port. CCC can pick it up and so can the windows one, but to use it in CCC it only gives me the option to disable one of the previous displays. I tried disabling Eyefinity also but still no luck. Unplugging one of them also enables the 4th monitor immediately. Can someobody explain what I might be doing wrong here? If any more information is needed I can supply. :)

That's kinda what I figured but wasn't sure ! :)
I think it could well be the way you are using the outputs.
Too me it seems to make more sense to use the DVI and the two mini display ports for the three monitors and the HDMI for the TV.
Now you're using adapters with every connection and I think that's causing you problems, the way I see it you'd only need two adapters unless two of the monitors have display port inputs then you wouldn't need any !

Last edited:
Ok thanks! I guess I'll have to guy buy some new cables then and give it another try :)

If anybody else has any other possible solutions I'm always open to hear them :D

Thankyou! I had a look into that and it seems that may be the fix for my problems! :)

Thankyou! I had a look into that and it seems that may be the fix for my problems! :)

Back