• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Droid Bionic getting update to ICS FINALLY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do we know if there are going to be Cyanogenmod releases, as well? I've been running the pre-release ICS for awhile now, but I want to go with a custom ROM. :-/

I'm tired of screwing around with this phone and I'm never falling for the "oh, we'll release it four weeks after the phone launches" crap again.

No idea Thideras. I'd like to run one as well, as I've been using the same pre-release ICS. I hope so.

I'm willing to try another custom ROM, but I want something that works. I don't want to be updating constantly or having to wipe the phone. Additionally, I want something that will be supported long term and not end when a new phone comes out and the developers abandon ship.

If I can't find that, I might just buy a used phone and renew my contract that way. Wish we didn't have really terrible GSM coverage here, otherwise I'd just do the "pay by the month" thing.

Well when attempting to go back to GB to get the ICS update, it failed to the fastboot screen, and got stuck there. Then when I attempted to do it again, my battery was too low to program despite being at 100% when starting. Plugged it into the wall and left it for hours. Came back, still battery low. Found out that it doesn't charge when stuck like this. OK, now what? Can't charge it, and can't get it to work...

Took a USB cord, and cut it putting the red to + and black to -. Turned right on. Used RSD lite to get it running again. Also something I learned is that you have to have the file used in the root of the C drive for it to work.

These may be simple and common to those familiar with Android, but it took me hours to surf the net and find bits and pieces of info here and there. Hopefully this may help someone new make it easy.

Back