• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-4100 Stuttering Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

RESOLVED: FX-4100 Stuttering Issues

Alright, so I've had this system for about 6 months now, and I've been noticing more and more that when I'm installing a program, my sound and computer will freeze for about 3 or 4 seconds and then everything will resume like normal.

Is there a reason that my computer does this?

Computer specs in sig.

RESOLVED:

Fixed unstable ram timings, put hard drive in ahci, and done!

Last edited:
when I'm installing a program, my sound and computer will freeze for about 3 or 4 seconds and then everything will resume like normal. = I am trying to get my head around what is actually going on. Many of todays programs say to disable Anti-virus programs and turn off other programs while installing that program. I can install Office, Xara Graphics and other similar applications and there is n0 sound with those programs anyway during the installation process. I just installed NCH Videopad yesterday and it acted a fool and looked like it was doing nothing and finally popped up a message asking did I want to do something else. It was because in the background it was installing 3 more apps that NCH wanted to sell me. Even that did nothing to sound since there was no sound during the application. So I am having a hard time understanding how "during" a program isntallation there would be a sound issue.

when I'm installing a program, my sound and computer will freeze for about 3 or 4 seconds and then everything will resume like normal. = I am trying to get my head around what is actually going on. Many of todays programs say to disable Anti-virus programs and turn off other programs while installing that program. I can install Office, Xara Graphics and other similar applications and there is n0 sound with those programs anyway during the installation process. I just installed NCH Videopad yesterday and it acted a fool and looked like it was doing nothing and finally popped up a message asking did I want to do something else. It was because in the background it was installing 3 more apps that NCH wanted to sell me. Even that did nothing to sound since there was no sound during the application. So I am having a hard time understanding how "during" a program isntallation there would be a sound issue.

What the real issue is, is that when I'm installing a program (no matter what it is) My computer stalls for a few seconds.

Sounds like it is time for trouble-shooting instead of guesses. You can try Prime 95 blend for at least an hour to see if system is apparently still stable. And/Or reduce the clock to see if the symptom seems to change.

Sounds like it is time for trouble-shooting instead of guesses. You can try Prime 95 blend for at least an hour to see if system is apparently still stable. And/Or reduce the clock to see if the symptom seems to change.

Sorry for resurrecting an almost-dead topic, but I figured out the problem.
Data wasn't transferring from my hard drives fast enough to have anything really happen, and my ram timings were far too high.

After fixing my ram timings and getting an SSD, all the problems disappeared.

Sorry for resurrecting an almost-dead topic, but I figured out the problem.
Data wasn't transferring from my hard drives fast enough to have anything really happen, and my ram timings were far too high.

After fixing my ram timings and getting an SSD, all the problems disappeared.

Not resurrecting since it is 'your' thread. It is when someone else comes along a year later and begins in your thead. That is resurrecting. Hehehe.

In fact we are glad to know of a 'cure'.

1. Ram timings too high? Do you mean the individual numbers were too large or you had the ram set to too fast a speed?

2. Man that had to be a nearly broken down hard drive not to keep up with an install.

3. You, yourself, can go back into your first post and ahead of the title put [RESOLVED] and then when people search a topic and by title and [RESOLVED] they will more readily/easily find this thread.

Glad you got it sorted man and thanks for droppiing back by.
RGone...

Not resurrecting since it is 'your' thread. It is when someone else comes along a year later and begins in your thead. That is resurrecting. Hehehe.

In fact we are glad to know of a 'cure'.

1. Ram timings too high? Do you mean the individual numbers were too large or you had the ram set to too fast a speed?

2. Man that had to be a nearly broken down hard drive not to keep up with an install.

3. You, yourself, can go back into your first post and ahead of the title put [RESOLVED] and then when people search a topic and by title and [RESOLVED] they will more readily/easily find this thread.

Glad you got it sorted man and thanks for droppiing back by.
RGone...

The ram timings were unstable, and the hard drive wasn't in AHCI, nothing was set up right in the BIOS.

It was terrible.

Back