• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler weather = need more heaters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You want my old ATI 2900XT? It used to warm up the room pretty good. My cat liked to sleep behind my computer a lot when I used it.

I think I'll have to turn my 200mm fan and 2x120mm fans off, as my computer is just blowing cold air out and it's actually getting cold. Running a H60 on an Ivy Bridge at 4.2, idling at 28c. If i put eco mode on and let it clock to 1.2 when idle, CPU temps go down to like 18-20c.

GPU is idling at 30c, never goes past 50c under full load. Gigabyte windforce GTX 670. All in an antec 1100 case. Can cooling ever be too good, seems so as its making my room colder!

Your computer goes 'idle'?

What is idle?

Just kidding. But if your computer is idle then it is bored, an a bored computer is a terrible waste. Let it crunch on SETI and that waste will go away.

That's splendid!

Here in Singapore, each computer turned on only helps to make the hot humid weather more unbearable.

Your computer goes 'idle'?

What is idle?

Just kidding. But if your computer is idle then it is bored, an a bored computer is a terrible waste. Let it crunch on SETI and that waste will go away.

I was letting it crunch einstein too, but now I've reverted to just SETI crunching... however BOINC is not providing any more jobs. The computer generally gets turned off at night if I don't have overnight downloads need doing.

But during the day when i'm not in a game, or i'm out. It runs.

hpXKW.png
Every time i click update, it defers the communication. I've gone from 62 to 77k work done in 4days, not sure if that is good or bad... but it seems SETI has no work for my PC to do and only downloads and runs when it does.

SETI is having some communications issues this week, hopefully they get it cleared up soon.

Hm, I remember one of the reasons I gave up with SETI last time was due to it always having problems and being down. Is the technology and servers so brittle that it's quite common for a host of problems to plague this project?

Back