• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot even touch OC on HD7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
**UPDATE**

Thanks for the input! I raised the voltage to 124 and i can now run everything perfectly at 1100/1575.

I tried bordelands 2 on max settings and it no longer struggles in big combat situations! So, awesome! :ty:

btw, temps are maxing at 69. It's a lot, but not deadly, so I'm pretty happy.

Btw, is it voltage that determines temps? I ran unigine for about 30 mins and got all the way up to 78, which I assume is borderline. Should i try to lower the voltage to see when 1100 and 1575 becomes unstable?

Well if you are happy with the clock speed then yeah try lowering voltage. Temps are a direct result of voltage, clock speed, fan speed, and ambient temps. Heaven is also a pretty heavy load so gaming it isn't likely to get quite as hot, but It wouldn't hurt to lower those temps by 5 or so degrees.

Well if you are happy with the clock speed then yeah try lowering voltage. Temps are a direct result of voltage, clock speed, fan speed, and ambient temps. Heaven is also a pretty heavy load so gaming it isn't likely to get quite as hot, but It wouldn't hurt to lower those temps by 5 or so degrees.

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate the feedback. I noticed that gaming never goes above 70, but heaven is nearing the 80s. So I guess i'm gold. Thanks again!

Back