• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Anyone have an aftermarket CPU cooler in an Antec 300 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SEEKING H20 Solution for the Antec Minuet 350 LOW PROFILE HTPC w/GM880-UDH2

Ok 1st of all I seek a lot on responses on the fly and this is a very low profile HTPC case and I don't have a tape measure handy.

I love this PC its like a chevelle442 still fast with 12gbs ram and a Phenom 1090T AM3 AMD CPU, even at 5 years old its a performer.

The drawbacks that it once warmed up or on hot days sounds like a shop vac! Ehh! yeah! deafening!!!!

OK I just built a i7-7700 with thermaltake ps case and Z270X gigabyte aourus k7 gaming and a corsair 100t liquid cooler and msi armour 1070 video its virtually silent.

It would seem if there was a 80mm liquid cooler one might barely fit in case internally were it not for the h20 connections on the side of the radiator past the edge of fan.

So I can see using maybe a standalone water cooler pump block with either twistable or connections in plane horizontal connections and then plumbing through rear vent of antc minuet 350 case after cutting out 2 sets of the 1/4" vents into 2x .5 inch openings to pass the 2 hoses through to rear or vertical through top of lid (less desirable) and sitting radiator fan combo externally with some protective aluminum stretch metal in front of fans and to rear of radiator, then just sit on table or maybe even pass hoses straight through wall outdoors and mount radiator on wall outside.

Not sure about issues priming getting air out of system issues with being water or ionic cooling solution free of air and bleeding it.

Any others thoughts appreciated, but relevant ones re the maybe 160mm 3 4 at very most height from top cpu to lid on the cpu pump block combo.right now I have the oem noisy as all hell original amd fan cooler solution sold with the am3 1090t I think 95 watt cpu at frys electronics, and going deaf!!!!

I cut a hole in the side of a case once because the aftermarket cooler (TRUE 120) was too tall. Then I siliconed a pie pan over the hole and rattle canned it. Was semi ghetto looking but worked.

anyone know of a good low profile am3 cpu water bllock pump combo.

Please none already with factory hoses but just hoses bbibs for remoting out rear vent annd possible through my ths 53' mad scientist lab man cave in my former Semi reefer refrigerated thermalking 8 wheel semi trailer.

Thats the ticket tie the cpu cooler in to the minus 30 degree semi trailer reefers cooler only would use 25 gallons diesel a day! LOL! Jus joking!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I am noobie old 54 don't see well and dyslexic too how do I edit typos from my posts??

Back