• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 vs i5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't say its the the biggest factor by any means. I have a server farm line (92 Mbps d / 15Mbps u) and a 7 down / 768 up DSL line. I tested them both for this thread and my loading time was like 502ms faster on the server line, where latency is lower and bandwidth is higher.

I've never seen anybody beat me on load time on either connection, though >=D.

Wow can't get more of a definitive answer then that to connection and load, I honestly don't know how any stock i7 on hdd can beat an i5 oc to 4.3g on a ssd.

The difference in my load times on LoL was night and day before and after ssd..... granted I went from sataII hdd to sataIII ssd

maybe sataIII hdd i7 is faster

Wow can't get more of a definitive answer then that to connection and load, I honestly don't know how any stock i7 on hdd can beat an i5 oc to 4.3g on a ssd.

The difference in my load times on LoL was night and day before and after ssd..... granted I went from sataII hdd to sataIII ssd

maybe sataIII hdd i7 is faster

Nah, magnetic HDDs can't saturate SATA II (This is about 280-300MB/S read max.. magnetic HDDs typically don't break 150 MB/S read)

must be trolls then

lieing about their systems cause I almost never get beat

time to look into raid ssd's lmao

must be trolls then

lieing about their systems cause I almost never get beat

time to look into raid ssd's lmao

Eh, its for bragging rights on games that require everybody to load first.

There's some games that don't, and there's MMOs / single-player games. RAID SSD becomes a very beautiful thing in these cases :attn:

Eh, its for bragging rights on games that require everybody to load first.

There's some games that don't, and there's MMOs / single-player games. RAID SSD becomes a very beautiful thing in these cases :attn:

it's purely useless other then feeling special when I blink and load lmao, can't think of any other reason....... but sooooooo fast

I only play LoL and MechWarrior online right now, maybe a little D3 and maybe guild wars but almost completely LoL

it's purely useless other then feeling special when I blink and load lmao, can't think of any other reason....... but sooooooo fast

I only play LoL and MechWarrior online right now, maybe a little D3 and maybe guild wars but almost completely LoL

Guild Wars and D3 benefit pretty well from RAID SSDs, GW2 especially.

Ping Plot will show you how STEADY your connection is. If you have low ping, but spike, then you're no better off than having a higher ping.

Kind of a stability test for your net :p

I was wondering what makes the i7 so much better then i5

I rarely get beat in loading league of legends but yesterday I had someone beat me by a bit and today someone just spanked me. Both of them were i7 with a hdd and i'm an oc i5 3570k with a ssd. The one today was a 2700k at stock speeds. Both had 16g of ram vs my 8g but I don't think total ram size makes any difference.

So what is it that makes them so much faster? is it cache?

what else could have made them faster? maybe faster ram? mine is value ram.

i7 is just a i5 with a larger cache, hyper threading, and a slightly faster clock speed

Back