• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody have a good DSL company?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoJapKid

Registered
I am trying to get DSL at my home but I dont want to deal with an crap from them. I also dont want to spend alot of miney too. I dont know why but internet access prices are ridiculous. I know in Japan they get 8.1 connection for under 25 bucks. Japan is a crazy expensive company and they can get you connected for that price. what is up with that. I just want a nice speed and a reliable company with good service and support. Ever heard of any? I am currently using cable and I perfer DSL cuz the static IP thing. Need static. Hope cable gets static soon.

IMHO there is no good thing as DSL company - go satalite or cable....

dslreports.com is a good site to read up on.

NeoJapKid said:
I am trying to get DSL at my home but I dont want to deal with an crap from them. I also dont want to spend alot of miney too. I dont know why but internet access prices are ridiculous. I know in Japan they get 8.1 connection for under 25 bucks. Japan is a crazy expensive company and they can get you connected for that price. what is up with that. I just want a nice speed and a reliable company with good service and support. Ever heard of any? I am currently using cable and I perfer DSL cuz the static IP thing. Need static. Hope cable gets static soon.

Cable companies can do static IP's they jus chose not to or reserve it for comercial accounts as do dsl companies mostly.

I want to get static to get a little home web, e-mail and ftp site thing going. want access to everything in my computers while i am away.

static is the way to go. does anyone know of any static ip'ed cable company.

you probably don't have as many choices as you think. For cable, you probably only have 1, but for DSL you may have a couple to choose from. I'd find out who is available to you, then ask here for opinions on your possibilities.

Back