• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Cards / HD7870 Major Problem ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The explanation of the problem and the solution is here:

http://www.hardware.fr/html/news/cat4/page1.html#actu_12705

It is in french... -_-' (I couldn't find it in english) but google should translate it for you ;)

Quickly:

The issue comes from small capacitors from low quality. AMD saw the problem before the release and sent the spec modifications to the producers (like Sapphire).
For an obscure reason, Sapphire didn't follow the spec update and used those crappy capacitors.
Sapphire is aware of the issue, so new products don't have these black screens anymore. For the customers who already have a defective HD7870, Sapphire call the products back (in France, don't know for other countries).
Let's check it for your own countries guys ;)

i havent had that problem! yet.. lol i got the diamond 7870 but scrambler hows the gigabyte 7970 treating you? i was thinking about ordering one

Fun, Sapphire truly did screw up on this on a certain series of cards? But they was basically aware of the issue? What else to say... well RMA is the only answer to this.

Well, i got no Sapphire card this time, so im in luck.

Hmm what about the Avatar your using you still haven't answer me that lol XD
What Avatar is it , i mean from Anime or something ?
Its from a game called Phantasy Star Online 2 but its not released outside Japan. For more infos can PM me.

Fun, Sapphire truly did screw up on this on a certain series of cards? But they was basically aware of the issue? What else to say... well RMA is the only answer to this.

Well, i got no Sapphire card this time, so im in luck.

Its from a game called Phantasy Star Online 2 but its not released outside Japan. For more infos can PM me.

O i heard of that game , my friend intro me , he said currently there's only Jap ver

Does anyone here own a Sapphire HD 7870 / any other brand HD 7870 and Overclocks it ??

What's your STOCK specs and your Overclocked specs ??

Last edited:
Back