• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 7970 to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the homer made it look bigger haha:)

It looks great I love the heatsink on it.

I'd very much like to see your benchmark results if you get time/ can be bothered :)

Might have to reconsider my cf msi lightenings :/

I actually dont have any benchmark games installed ATM, i should install Dirt to run a test, but im too lazy, i dont play it, and my SSD is pretty stuffed at the moment.

For giggles i just ran Saints Row 3, which is no benchmark lol, just used fraps to see.

Ultra setting, running on 1920*1080, desktop on the two other screens, and i was getting no lower then 60fps and no higher then 80. All was running smooth. Since i've had issues with pCARS, i need to install it, and hope the issues have been fixed, thats when my real test begins, to see how much vram is uses.

Last edited:
I installed ProjectCars, havnt had a chance to really test it (due to a minor issue i need sorted with the game when in eyefinity) but, in 5760*1080, with everything turn up to max (oh and i love the fact that i can do this with no issue) While in single player, on eyefinity, im getting 30/35fps. Before i would struggle to get 35 with med graphics and alot of things turned off or way down, so im happy so far!

I installed ProjectCars, havnt had a chance to really test it (due to a minor issue i need sorted with the game when in eyefinity) but, in 5760*1080, with everything turn up to max (oh and i love the fact that i can do this with no issue) While in single player, on eyefinity, im getting 30/35fps. Before i would struggle to get 35 with med graphics and alot of things turned off or way down, so im happy so far!

how much vRAM does it use?

how much vRAM does it use?

So far, the highest i have hit, was during an online race, on a non finished map, only 4 players, and then i say non finished, i mean, no details, like trees and other things that are found along the side of track. 2500mb of ram was used. I will be doing more testing when i have time, with 59 AI's on more finished tracks.:thup:

Back