• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE HIS HD 7750 IceQ X Turbo Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

HIS has sent along their latest HD 7750 video card for us to put through the paces. What makes this one different, you might ask? Well, two things actually. For starters, HIS has taken the HD 7750 and used the more current reference design of 900 MHz core versus the original reference design's 800 MHz core. HIS then decided to top it off by installing their higher end IceQ X cooler. It all sounds promising for the gamer on a budget, so let's find out!

... Return to article to continue reading.

For sure. I had this card running with the highest GPU voltage the software would allow and even with the fan set to auto, the temperatures never even came in to play when overclocking. Temps would be even better if you set the fan at 100% obviously, good stuff for sure!

No doubt... love the cooler... exhausts out of the case, quiet at lower RPM's. I have to say what I DONT like about it is that it leaves little room to take the power plugs out. I have slightly larger than average hands (can palm a basketball), and its an effort to get in there to raise that clip to the the PCIe plug out!

No doubt... love the cooler... exhausts out of the case, quiet at lower RPM's. I have to say what I DONT like about it is that it leaves little room to take the power plugs out. I have slightly larger than average hands (can palm a basketball), and its an effort to get in there to raise that clip to the the PCIe plug out!

Use a pen ;)

Make it so a normal humans fingers fit. I shouldnt have to use a tool to get the plugs out. I have stick fingers, not sausages! :rofl: ;)

Nice review, as usual!

I wouldn't liquidpro aluminum, might turn out poorly :D

Unless you plan on volt modding the card, there really isn't much need to go crazy with the TIM. After I cleaned everything up I used Ceramique 2 when I put it back together. I tested the card at load using the highest voltage setting iTURBO allowed, and it still ran very cool, and certainly well within thermal limits.

And Mr. Nova is correct, that is aluminum between the two copper heatpipes.

I hate that they're calling it "iTurbo" now instead of just "Turbo". Something about copying Apple nomenclature that just irks me to no end.

Iturbo is the software, turbo is their designation for overclocked cards. Was the software ever called turbo?

I can say he's right I have the 7850 from HIS IceQ edition and the PCI-E cable has no room at all from the plastic of the cooler you have to be really careful when disconecting it

Back