• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-3820 and VCCSA voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Finally after 4 years my old X48 platform has been pulled and is awaiting to be sold. Can't say enough how good and long it has lasted. And still is surprising good when compared with my new setup. btw I am still using my old Lian Li PC60 from 2001 in my build and it runs well still :eek:

Basically I have figured out how to overclock the i7-3820, although I am kind of stuck on one setting, VCCSA.

I have this set to auto, but the motherboard monitor does not tell me what the VCCSA is at. I did see in the UEFI that is was at 1.2v and ofter higher on auto, so I have just taken 1.2v and manually set it.

At the moment I am stable at 1.325v @ 4625MHz with x1.25 turbo setting on all cores on auto (x37 I would believe).
I have tried to overclock higher than this, but does not like any more v-core voltage if I start changing the turbo mutliplier to x38 and beyond

Is 1.2v VCCSA to much for the 3820, and what is its stock voltage, can someone recommend what to set the VCCSA to on 3820 chips

Hey thanks, I see conflicting information when reading about the 1155 version, are they really that different?

I still cannot find VCCSA only the VCC you pointed out?

Back