• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW TO THIS FORUM; GA-Z68XP-UD3P with 2600K questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I spoke too soon. I just tried to run Prime95 on Blend for 6-7 hours last night, and it crashed with the BSOD code of 0x101. Now I'm back to square one.

I spoke too soon. I just tried to run Prime95 on Blend for 6-7 hours last night, and it crashed with the BSOD code of 0x101. Now I'm back to square one.
You are? Why not add a bit of voltage and try again? That is the name of the overclocking game and all...:thup:

You are? Why not add a bit of voltage and try again? That is the name of the overclocking game and all...:thup:

I don't know if that'll be safe. I was already hitting 80-82°C when I was at 1.404V with only 10 passes of IBT on Very High mode!

Ahh missed that. Voltage is ok and temps you have a couple of degrees C wiggle room, but, not worth it really.

Yeah, I feel like I've reached the end of the road here. The difference in voltage when I went from 4.2 to 4.4 GHz was roughly 0.015-0.020. The jump in voltage that I would have to make for 4.5 GHz to be stable is far too high. I guess 4.4 GHz will be my stopping point with this 2600K & the NH-D14.

Actually...I got bored yesterday and decided to give this ****in' thing another shot. All I did was added 0.005V to the Dynamic VCore for a total of +0.085V with the VCore still set to "Normal". While under load, the VCore seems to be the same as last time, jumping between 1.380-1.392V, and hitting 1.404V several times.

I got through 10 passes of IBT on Very High Mode, 81ºC max.
Also got through 9 hours of Prime95 Blend, 76ºC max (hovering between 71-74 mostly).

I guess that +0.005V on the Dynamic VCore did the trick. This is most likely stable now, right?

What do you mean? I haven't played any games with 4.5GHz, but I assume it's fine if it can get past Prime & IBT.

LOL, OMG...this is the worst. I did another run of Prime on Blend last night for 9-10 hours this time instead. Guess what? BSOD again with BCC Code 0x101. Stability tests should run & be able to pass for AT LEAST 12 hours, right?

Stability test will run 24/7 with stock settings, so it's up to you if you want it to pass 12 hours.

Well, I mean...to make sure that my machine is 100% stable, do I need to run Prime for 24 hours or more?

OK, so about a week ago, I tried to stabilize my 4.5 GHz OC by turning on PLL Overvoltage and setting the PLL voltage to 1.820V. I also changed the Dynamic VCore to +0.095V. It worked. I ran Prime on blend for more than 24 hours with no BSOD. No problems with IBT either.

I don't why the hell I need suuuuuuch high voltages to hold the overclock. I am still unsure whether it's the CPU or the board...or both.

Regardless, I have been plagued with the boot loop issue upon cold boots. I wouldn't get past POST screen, and it would just loop for 4-6 times before getting a successful POST & into Windows. I've tried to change so many settings around, and on several occasions thought I fixed it, but the loop returns in a few days. I've searched around, and sooooooo many people are having the cold boot loop issue on the GA-Z68 boards. No one has any clear solution either. Apparently Gigabyte won't provide any solid fix, so I feel reeeally screwed.

Time for a new board maybe?

Back