• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its no problem at all :D I'm just excited to see them doing so well, its hard to gain the trust of people these days but when they start releasing more game play videos I think that will help a lot.

Ah good stuff can't wait to get a playable Alpha version or something, anything :)

Can't wait to test out my 2 ships :)

I know. According to them at release the hanger module will be simple. you will be able to get inside your ships and everything inside them should work all the displays, doors etc etc later on they want you to be able to start customizing basic things if you bought any of the other skins and stuff. then after that is they want to make it so that you can invite people to your hanger to look at the ships you've collected.

Should be a lot of fun! I'm very excited :D

I know. According to them at release the hanger module will be simple. you will be able to get inside your ships and everything inside them should work all the displays, doors etc etc later on they want you to be able to start customizing basic things if you bought any of the other skins and stuff. then after that is they want to make it so that you can invite people to your hanger to look at the ships you've collected.

Should be a lot of fun! I'm very excited :D

Nice, I should really start looking at these updates more often :)
<- been slacking, but also been really busy sadly.

Sadly missed the last IFL chance, wanted to get another ship with that on there but oh well guess I'll just be purchasing them ingame eventually.

Are any of you in a guild/team/corporation what ever its going to be called ingame?

If you pledged back during the campaign you still get LTI on your purchases till November of this year I believe.

And I'm planning on trying to get a group going under my Clan [SiN] with a couple friends though I don't know how many people I'll get if not then me and who I get will just play more casually at that point.

EDIT: They just posted this Life time Insurance clarification article with chart on the front page.

Last edited:
what is the point in getting an aurora if you have the constellation, which is better in every aspect.

Btw it came to mind yesterday in rsi chat, but anybody already fears the hordes of asian space farmers trying to steall us all resources and whatnot? because i do, and since this game is online and persistent i would assume the problem will exist

Well one would have extra ships for different things the Aurora was described as the Jack of all trades so you can gear it out to do different things. But beyond that say you get the snot blown out of you by a pack of pirates it takes some time for your insurance to replace to ship so assuming you aren't quitting right then you may want the Aurora for a backup hauler.

As for the farmers they have talked about separate servers for different regions which would help on 1 level. But there will be a lot of undiscovered systems that hold resources so its not like they can just suck them up. as far as I know they also plan to sell credits, ships and things like that online once the game launches for people who "Don't have 40 hours a week to put into a game" which should also help combat that in my mind because Personally I would rather buy it from them because I can trust them and it helps them. Honestly I don't see it as an issue.

OR Zantal... you could start a Pirate group that hunts down people who farm to attempt to profit and kill them till they rage :)

As for the farmers they have talked about separate servers for different regions which would help on 1 level. But there will be a lot of undiscovered systems that hold resources so its not like they can just suck them up. as far as I know they also plan to sell credits, ships and things like that online once the game launches for people who "Don't have 40 hours a week to put into a game" which should also help combat that in my mind because Personally I would rather buy it from them because I can trust them and it helps them. Honestly I don't see it as an issue.

OR Zantal... you could start a Pirate group that hunts down people who farm to attempt to profit and kill them till they rage :)

Most farmers will run with whatever software bot/hack they can to avoid problems like this. In Lineage 2, the bots would force log the moment anyone was in radar distance, which was much further then actual draw distance. Occasionally, you would see the slow (lagged?) ones as they force log.

I'm sure there are measures the devs can take to counter such issues, but just how far are they willing to combat farmers if they do become a problem? Even separate servers won't help much, as farmers will come to the US servers unless country wide IP blocks and constant monitoring and blocking of proxies, along with constant bans are done.

Btw, wish I had jumped on this back when it was in funding, as it's really looking interesting now.

If you pledged back during the campaign you still get LTI on your purchases till November of this year I believe.

And I'm planning on trying to get a group going under my Clan [SiN] with a couple friends though I don't know how many people I'll get if not then me and who I get will just play more casually at that point.

EDIT: They just posted this Life time Insurance clarification article with chart on the front page.

Perfect thanks for the link. Thats good news, got a little time then to plan :)
As for the clan, hey might be interested. Non of my friends really play games these days as most are just very casual gamers.

what is the point in getting an aurora if you have the constellation, which is better in every aspect.

The Constellation is a group ship per say unless you trust in the AI or Hired NPC's. So in other words it could be expensive to run. So its not like I want to fly it all over and back every time, though it would be nice :)

Having a backup ship like Pvt.Dancer mentioned waiting on insurance just in case. Its more of a waiting game and deciding what I want, Aurora is a high one on my list but maybe something else might spark interest.

Btw, wish I had jumped on this back when it was in funding, as it's really looking interesting now.

Well according to the link that Pvt.Dancer gave above, you can jump in on this still and get nearly the same benefits as the original backers did. I only difference is things went up a little in price, maybe 5-10% on the tiers it looks like as far as I can tell. Least til the end of the month that offer stands with the LTI which I think is a huge thing if your not in already.

Least they gave more information on what LTI covers. Sounds like you still have repair costs going tward the ship if its blown up, besides re-fitting all the gear on it. Just don't have to replace the hull which I'd think can be huge bucks.

I've got to ask: anyone perhaps interested in an OCF based team? Could be better to organize with the extra communications we've already established. :cool:

@Robert I don't think its been talked about. As you can see there aren't a ton of people posting here so at least on this forum it doesn't seem to be a huge interest I wish there was though they are doing some good things for PC gaming.

@Mpegger I know they are concerned with it they have talked about it some but I don't think they wan't to give away a ton of info. and in all honesty all that has to come in at a later date as well. I really think that the store they will offer and no easy way for botters\farmers to sell it back to people will help some but we will have to see.

@Deathman you seem to be spot on :) Yes there are different insurances for different things including your cargo, addon's\Upgrades (Guns Engines Thrusters) and there are different levels of insurance as well as different star systems have different ratings for how dangerous they are and your insurance can't be rated for a lower level. all and all its a very interesting system and as daunting as it seems to learn I don't think it will be so bad since most of it is so relatable to real life.

I will use my constellation purely for offense and I will hunt down every outlaw there is . . .

With an in game market they have to be really careful for exploits, it's a nice tradeoff for less farmers since there would be less people interested in external services.

Nice to see the interest growing over here :)

@Mpegger
Chris has stated that they will be monitoring players who log off to avoid combat, and if found doing it regularly they could find themselves facing ingame lore based fines. Would be Fine if they posted bounties on the farmers and blocked their logoff hehe ^^

Reasons to Buy Now:

Well, there are a limited 200k slots for Alpha and Beta testing. Currently there are only 22,040 slots left.
If you plan to join in before the game officially launches at the end of 2014, then it would be wise to pledge for a package THIS Month so you can get Life Time Insurance on your ship.

Early Pledgers get access to:
2013 August Hanger Module - walk around you ships in your hangar + invite friends to hang out with you. (should have other facilities in the hangar too like a sort of office area)
2013 Approx December multiplayer dog fighting Alpha testing where you get to fly the ships You pledged for.
2014 3rd Q? Beta Testing = Full Persistent Universe at the end of which there will Not be a roll back.

You only have until perhaps Early June when Cloud Imperium Games will run a 24 Hour Live Stream to mark the end of the latest $10,000,000 Stretch Goal campaign to build their own Motion Capture studio - at the end of which they will also launch the New Website.

The New Website will also restrict certain areas to pledgers only for the most up to date information - sort of like treating the Pledgers as the board of investors giving us 1st Looks at much new information.

I should also mention that it is Likely well worth checking in on the 24 Hour Live Stream for special offers on limited sales of ships that "might" happen + all kinds of fun and new info :D

Later in game once you have eventually decided to change to a different ship, you can sell your old ship with LTI for a higher price than regular ships.

Although LTI is "sold" as a nice perk to early backers, it has also been described as not being a game changing Must Have thing. Paying for insurance in game for your ships hull should be much like insuring your car today cost wise.

That said, traditionally limited edition items in game hold a disproportionately high market value...

I should also mention: - 2013 November 26th marks the End of Ship Sales!!!
Once the game launches you will Not be able to buy bigger ships for $ officially
- except rare special offers on ships now and then are a Small possibility.
- although it is possible to buy bigger ships from existing early pledgers - at Their inflated asking price

---- Of Course you can earn almost all ships in game and purchase regular insurance for. Alien ones you would have to capture (but cannot insure, as is alien and not easily replaceable) ;)

Last edited:
Poor in game insurance companies, they will go bankrupt the moment every newbie wants to try out their new shining ships :p

Anyway, i have been trying to look everywhere getting little information
but what exactly is the holo viewer i see on the home page? (what will it be?)

@Zent if I understand it correctly they are working on a star map and I believe that's what it will be under... or maybe ships but I'm pretty sure its the star map that will allow you to view planets and stats about them as they start creating them. but I guess I'm not too sure about that.

I'm thinking that it's time for Star Citizen players to start saving up for new GPUs and monitors so that when the game is released all the eye candy will amaze.....

Back