• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup! The hanger module is being released on Thursday! WOHOO! Its so close I can taste it.
For anyone who is interested I'll be posting videos after the hangers launch on Thursday on the different Ships I own. I'll post them right to here so you can all have a look at a few of the ships that are out there!

These are the ships I have.

Aurora
300R
Hornet
Constellation

I may also be getting with others to get videos of the ships I don't own as well :)

Mmm yummy.

I just have the Constellation, but have been looking at a possibility of a nice solo fighter ship. Though still up in the air about what to get. Maybe the module will help me decide. Which ever the case is, I defiantly want one with LTI :) So just before November.

Its just amazing the stretch goals in the game, how far its come and what we've pulled off with funding.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Can't wait for Alpha later this year as well, really can't wait for anything but the hanger module will be wonderful to walk around ingame finally!

Well My videos are for Newbies who aren't sure what to get and for people like you who maybe don't know what they want I'll show off as much detail as I can in the hanger maybe with a little commentary.

But the focus is on the ships to start with then the hanger itself.

Well My videos are for Newbies who aren't sure what to get and for people like you who maybe don't know what they want I'll show off as much detail as I can in the hanger maybe with a little commentary.

But the focus is on the ships to start with then the hanger itself.

My 2 im deciding between at this time is...

325A and Hornet (or variant)

Least Hornet stock with no cargo bay sucks.. IMO for picking stuff up, but who knows might increase my ships size by 2 in that aspects then if I want something a little more. Just trying to keep costs down, not going totally overblown in cost :)

Last edited:
So with the hanger module...
- We get to see our hangers
- We get to see the ships (outside & inside?)
- We get to see some holo interface in the hanger?
- Get a sweet little buggy/golf type cart to drive around in the hanger :)
- Extra 5,000 Credits as a gift to buy stuff in the hanger (including Fish Tank!)

Ah something to look forward to later this week :)

Last edited:
We will be able to get inside each of the ships. Some things may not be available on the first revision but 95% of the ships (Ships that will be available in the hanger) seem to be done.

Holo interface they said would be there. Now the gift of the credits I don't know if they will let us keep those credits. Like when Beta testing the site they gave all the testers $500 of credit in the store to TEST then when the launch it didn't stay on your account.

The buggy AFAIK is only on the Business and Deluxe hanger. MAYBE the Pirate hanger but we don't know much about said pirate hanger.

and yes very VERY excited myself :D

So the Hanger Module releases today. So far, The chat roll has been at no less then the max of 500 people since at least 8:00 AM we have crashed the website once and now this. lol its been a fantastic morning.

Attachments

• Chat crash.PNG
    Chat crash.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 71
They where doing final bug testing and the build would take ~40min + upload. Its about 2gig in size and they said 3 hours before its there. Or about 2 1/2 hours now.

Wow I thought they wouldn't even get the code locked down until 2-3 release being between 6-8 but that's progressing nicely! I lost my spot in the chatroll so I missed all the updates :(

There was a live video feed going on I guess from what I saw. Hence how the info was released.

First time I've seen the Minimum System Requirements.......:cool:

Star Citizen min requirements.png

Wow......3-1/2Gb of Hanger software in the pre-beta.......this will take a while.........:D

Correction its pre PRE alpha and I'm still at work for 20 min!!!! Cant wait to download it!!! I'll post my videos of my ships here so you all can enjoy and maybe show some of you the awesomeness!

Downloaded it early. Quick download on the server. 2.55Gig installed... more than I was expecting but not bad actually. It is a 64-bit game though, no exceptions. Was only using 1-1.2Gigs of ram that I noticed but it had my CPU's upwards of 75-85% utilized.

Just have the Connie but think I'll probably get 1-2 more ships tonight, was going to get GTA V but will probably wait on that til it comes out for PC or next gen consoles.

Nice what program did you use to make the videos?

As well was feeling generous last night, got myself a 315a - Explorer and Hornet

I recorded it using an Avermedia c985 capture card the software I use to edit is the Corel VideoStudio Pro x5.

and congrats great ships. Though I'm going to upgrade my hornet to the military version if I get the chance.

I recorded it using an Avermedia c985 capture card the software I use to edit is the Corel VideoStudio Pro x5.

and congrats great ships. Though I'm going to upgrade my hornet to the military version if I get the chance.

Oh you got some fancy recording stuff then. Nice.

Thx. Wanted a little more flexibility in the fleet. 315 for my exploration/small engagements. Hornet just for going out to kick some arse. Connie to go play bad arse with and move things around :) Maybe a cargo ship in the future... though think that will be it for ship purchases until maybe there is a Connie variant to nab, just don't want it to affect the package I got.

Ok so much confusion on this, what version of the hornet is the base one then? We have F7A and F7C. I know the C is the Civilian version. But I thought the A was the military version from the descriptions?

For FPS... what are you getting on your card? Most things im getting around 28-32FPS unless looking at very certain parts of the hanger and getting closer to 60FPS. This is running 1920x1080 on Very High. Just curious.

Added note, we can get some ships and items into the Crytech SDK. So with that being said :) More pictures of ships to come in a better lighting condition than the hanger soon. As well hopefully going to export it out and play with them in 3DMax some.

300i right now known not to work currently in the editor, keeps crashing it on import.
Supposedly the buggy works in the editor though :)

Edit: And speaking of which some of the shots are AMAZING in proper lighting.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...sets-of-the-hangar-into-the-sandbox-editor/p5

Boy going to be busy between this and X-Rebirth for a while :)

Last edited:
Back