• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

springfairy556

Hello,

I have a windows 7 Noteboook laptop

I use Coretemp to monitor my laptop's temp; this is a new laptop got back in august because my old laptop's fan broke and that temp was very high.Now I'm a bit concerned about this one.

Machine name: SPRINGFAIRY
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP 2000 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.11F.43

TJMAX: 115 degrees C

Idle Temp: Between 39- 47 degrees C
Overload: Betwen 47-51 degrees C

It never goes above 51.I know that my fans are bit dusty; which could be why its a bit high; I use a cooling pad and it brings it down a bit. But are these safe? I dont know much about temps and all that.

Seems good to me. Laptops will naturally run a bit hotter because of poorer heat dissipation, but yours seems fine.

Generally with modern laptops, you don't need to be concerned unless you are hitting 80-90C plus. My 2009 13" Macbook Pro hits 80C easily under full load. I've seen it 101C once when the fan hadn't revved up yet (the auto fan control is a bit slow to react).

Back