• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem with super pi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parker.sikand

What up fellow OCers,

Just got an OCZ Raptor SSD and I loaded it up with a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit. Obviously the first thing I want to do with my new system is benchmark it 'specially cuz I got my e8400 @ 4.5ghz on air. Getting wonderful temps BTW... 30C idle, 47C load. Same OC setup could do pi 20 in 9s. But now I have a weird problem...

Whenever I (try to) run the super_pi.sh script, it tells me "./pi No such file or directory". The "pi" executable most certainly exists, it's in the same folder as the super_pi.sh script. I have downloaded the Super_PI package from 3 different sources and they all give me this same error. Running as sudo does not help.

I'm not a linux n00b by any means, the problem is not something as stupid as permissions or something like that. For good measure, I chmoded 777 everything and that doesn't change anything. I've downloaded and run super_pi on other linux systems without any problems.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

That is the exact command that gives me the error. I've tried "./pi 20", "./super_pi 20", "sh super_pi.sh 20". All with the same results. I even went as far as adding the folder to my PATH. Like I said, I've had no trouble using this program on other linux distros. Seems to be a problem unique to Ubuntu 12.10.

I had the same problem. strace shows that exec on the file returns ENOENT.
Obviously the file does exist so I think it must be something the executable depends on that is missing.

Back