• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingress anyone? Got an invite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have not heard of this till now but this sounds like the best game for a phone I have ever heard of. Interesting thought though... If someone gets mugged because they are playing that game and they wander into a bad neighbor hood... could you sue Google?

but the Idea is great! props to the Googles.

I'm sure someone will try when that happens, I'm guessing some members of the press already have the article written - just waiting for it to actually happen so they can publish. :)

Also wondering if we'll see articles about fights breaking out, if multiple people show up at portals at the same time... What stops you from physically defending your virtual turf? :D

I'll post back if I get an invite.

Please do! and that would be interesting it will be the new Furbie! furby? any ways. I remember people scratching clawing and biting and fighting over that toy... now add in the anger of gamers and we got a show! lol

I have heard nothing, unless I missed the email. I haven't looked around to read anything else either.

I have been playing for a few months and I can tell you its very addicting! looks like only two portals in your town so you would have to drive around a bit.

Attachments

• Rootstown.PNG
    Rootstown.PNG
    230.8 KB · Views: 151
I am in! Thanks! Game starts out pretty rad. I'm gonna walk the dogs and collect some XM in a little bit for my first training mission.

I have been playing for a few months and I can tell you its very addicting! looks like only two portals in your town so you would have to drive around a bit.

Looks like there's a decent smattering of portals in Kent, Brimfield, and Ravenna. I go through there all the time. :)

Do you have a tablet? That's a pretty big screenshot, I'm wondering if there is another way to browse maps other than on the smartphone.

Been playing a bit for the last few weeks.

I was kind of expecting more but its not too bad for being free.

Looks like there's a decent smattering of portals in Kent, Brimfield, and Ravenna. I go through there all the time. :)

Do you have a tablet? That's a pretty big screenshot, I'm wondering if there is another way to browse maps other than on the smartphone.

The screen shot is from http://www.ingress.com/intel you can use that to scope out the area. The map on the phone (not the scanner) is horrible right now. Our group out here in Wisconsin use Google maps on the desktop to mark all the portals in the area that way we can pull up Google maps on the cell and get directions to the portal. It works really well. If you need any advice or tips let me know. I have made it to Level 7 so far. The first few levels are the hardest if there are higher level players around.

Also if your on Google+ that's a great way to get information and join a community for your area. By joining a community you can usually hook up with some higher level players and they will help you out a lot.

Edit: once you check out the Ingress Intel map Search for Trevor, WI and you'll see my handy work.

I actually haven't fired it up yet after the first time. I have left the house a couple times which probably would have been good times to collect some XM, but forgot to start the app. I'm sure I'll use it more when it warms up and I'm outside with the dogs more.

Back