• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingress anyone? Got an invite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I'm driving around the towns near me on my way home from school. And I notice, freaking everything is owned by this "GreenHornet" guy. Next portal I'm going to, I see a guy out front on his phone... "Excuse me, are you playing Ingress?" Why yes I am, he says. My handle is GreenHornet... I start playing yesterday, and the next day I meet the guy who has multiple fields set up, and is level 7 in person. Oh, and the best part? He's Enlightened and I'm Resistance. :rolleyes:

Wish it was on iPhone, I got my invite code but can't use it. Guess ill be giving it away soon.

So I'm driving around the towns near me on my way home from school. And I notice, freaking everything is owned by this "GreenHornet" guy. Next portal I'm going to, I see a guy out front on his phone... "Excuse me, are you playing Ingress?" Why yes I am, he says. My handle is GreenHornet... I start playing yesterday, and the next day I meet the guy who has multiple fields set up, and is level 7 in person. Oh, and the best part? He's Enlightened and I'm Resistance. :rolleyes:

You were driving and he was on foot... missed your chance to take him out.

:rofl: I do have to remember that, "it's just a game."

It is just a game but I have found that most of the people playing are great. I have ran into many players from both side and that's the best part of this game is meeting them. As far as one person owning all the portals in an area well........... It depends one how many people play in that area. I'm that level 7 almost lv8 guys that owns everything due to not many others in the area. Take a look at the fields I put up today in and around Trevor, Wi. Lol

Just figured I would see if there was any OCF Ingress action.

Just hit L11. Resistance here. IGN is Zathras357

And in case Desync is still interested, there has been an Iphone client out for a while now.

Hey, I made the news (though not by name)

http://www.fox29.com/news/226924751-story

There were 9 of us there, and the 6 of us who didn't have the Onyx Illuminator badge got it there. We threw a 38 layer field that was worth about 90 million MU. You only need 4 million for the highest level badge.

And yes, the article is horribly written.

That's funny.

Just downloaded it. What faction should I join?

Darn, I could have gotten credit for you if I'd sent you the link.

I'm Resistance, but you can be either. It doesn't make a lot of difference except how many of each side are playing in your area. Let me take a look at Toronto.

Edit: sorry for the delay, right as I was editing this, I had a problem with my connection. I'm back now. It looks like there is a good mix in your area, with probably a slight Enlightened lead. You may want to do Resistance as you can advance a little faster if your environment is slightly target rich. But regardless of which side you choose, you won't be frozen out by an overwhelming force on the other side.

Edit2: Apparently when I try to upload the picture, something happens and I can only connect to some sites after that (not google or bing or here, but some other ones), and I have to reboot to fix it. Going to try once more.

ingress.jpg

Edit3: Flash was the problem. Updated it and it seems to be ok now.

Last edited:
Back