• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beware of Windows Update - nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so if I have a preferred video driver I can't use it????????????
or can i reinstall it after every round of updates????

Yes.

It will begin installing *everything* under the sun if you go to the Windows 10 Update page and then, if so much as the wind blows, UPDATE ALL begins.
There is *nothing* that can stop this behavior of mandatory 'everything install' when you go to the Windows 10 Update page.

Quick question about that.

Where is this information coming from? Firsthand experience, or other discussions elsewhere?
When I tried 10 pro, update did not force anything, I could choose what to install or not install.

Personal experience. I would love for you to be right and will go in and edit my posts above with corrections if this is so.

Go to Windows 10 Start Button > Settings > Update & security
Now, what happens the moment you click on Check for updates?

Available updates are downloded automatically.

Last edited:
Believe me, I am not going to touch 10 again for a while ROFL.

I am reinstalling 8 tomorrow.........would rather go back to 7 ultimate, but classes come first, and everything works better under 8, not wanting to jinx where I am grade wise lol.

I had 10 pro installed for like........a few hours.......and found 3 of the pieces of software I needed for a class......wouldn't work for some reason, so Poof, it went away >.>

Oh well, I have 10 Pro on DVD, via school so if I ever decide to do a clean install of it.

If anyone has an activated Win10 Pro, can they conform that all updates begin installing *without* your ability to select which update to install, as soon as you
Windows 10 Start Button > Settings > Update & security > Check for updates

If anyone has an activated Win10 Pro, can they conform that all updates begin installing *without* your ability to select which update to install, as soon as you
Windows 10 Start Button > Settings > Update & security > Check for updates

this is true.
i have activated win10 pro, and i can either choose to defer the updates, like all the updates, or to install them, no choice to install some, at least not that i can see.
and one of them is a driver update for my gfx card.
but i have already updated my gfx card to the most recent non beta driver....
i can choose to install them now, or to defer them though.

Back