• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 'Music' app not working properly...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
I haven't used the default Xbox Music application that Windows 8 comes with since a week or two now so I've just found out about the problem.
Whenever I try to play any music it says "Have you been traveling? You can use Xbox Music away from home for up to 2 weeks." and says I should buy an "Xbox music pass" in order to listen to my songs...
My IP is the same, my account says I'm from Bulgaria, so do my regional settings & etc, don't see what could be causing this.
Are Microsoft trying to rip us off or something? I don't wanna pay 15 bucks per month just 'cause the darn program doesn't work correctly..

What are you trying to do? I'm pretty sure the Start Screen Music app is for internet connected music playing only though the XBox 360 service. If you don't have a paid Live subscription, you won't be able to use it beyond the trial.

If you just want to play music from your device directly, just Windows Media Player.

What are you trying to do? I'm pretty sure the Start Screen Music app is for internet connected music playing only though the XBox 360 service. If you don't have a paid Live subscription, you won't be able to use it beyond the trial.

If you just want to play music from your device directly, just Windows Media Player.
There are a couple of free songs from mixtapes n whatnot, they don't require purchase.
I haven't been paying my Live subscription since well over an year now, because my PayPal got limited, yet I still have a gold subscription. I guess its some kind of a bug. I told Microsoft about it, but they didn't fix it, so yeah - I have a gold subscription or at least that's what their website says.

I remember reading something about the Music Cloud option in the Xbox Music app. I don't know if that setting would have anything to do w/ your problem though.

Where can I find this option? Can't find it in the application/account settings.

have you tried playing your music with other players? if not then I suggest playing it with vlc.

Problem persists, I like using the Windows 8 'Music' app, because it has free previews n whatnot, helps me on my journey to having THE best music library.
I'm currently using Aimp, hoping the problem will eventually resolve itself.

Back