• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase Change Cooling Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
I know there are some guys around with some new stuff, and some guys that have had it for a while.
Please post some pictures and some specs.

I will post mine as soon as it makes some frost.

Last edited:
attachment.php

not sure about loads performance ect.

mounted to a working running cpu it was holding in the low -40s and the probe on the evap was saying like -35 or so up and down.

i havent used the unit much yet first chip i played with cbb on me.

so i cant say to much.

this unit is enclosed completely and has a 120mm fan in the back

i might change that to a bigger fan not sure yet maybe get ahold of a big boy and get the heat moving out better.

16.jpg
photo when it was new

Small unit built by Piotres. I'm 2nd or 3rd owner. It has 4 or 5 years but it's still quite good. Friend found offer on forums and made me to buy it ... well it didn't take long to decide as price was under $300.

Scalled for -54°C idle, -47°C at 260W
During tests it's keeping 43-47°C, depends from cpu.
It's sometimes acting weird and has these "bad days" and then temp is higher by 3-4°C ( I'm still not sure why ).

Man thats a beautiful Rotary compressor setup. I am jealous for sure. Though the big reason is that it has a nice Long Evaporator line on it. Mines short and ungodly to work with half the time. I'll Take some pics later and post my gimp setup.

They can be, but they draw a ridiculous amount of current so it's not very easy on the electric bill. It's basically equivalent to having a high-power window air conditioning unit on all the time. Plus the whole condensation thing you have to worry about. You can mitigate that, but it's a pain.

That is a nice cascade! Gotta love those temps -109! What are your load temps?

TJuan's SS, my house/components. Black PSU on top of the SS is hotwired to the SS so it doesn't shut down (and require 15m cooldown) every time the mobo hard-resets.

bobnova-on-SS.jpg

That is a nice cascade! Gotta love those temps -109! What are your load temps?

Depends on the load really. With C2D running wPrime, the temps only drop a few degrees. The coldest I've seen it was -118C idle and -116C C2D wPrime load. The hottest I've seen it run was -75C or so when the GTX580 Classified was overloading it.

attachment.php

Full setup pic before I moved. You can even see a SS on the cart too...

attachment.php

That is a nice long suction line on that. I got a 4ft one to put on my ss and I will have to do some reorganization to use it.

Here's mine. sdumper build that I bought from MaadDaawg over on [H]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 1,642
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 1,649
Back