• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone consider putting super slim ps3 in bulky ps3 case, leaving room for pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

I have a couple ideas floating around in my head.

I think I want to build a pc in a dreamcast shell.

I was also thinking with the new xbox 360 and ps3 models being abit smaller than the original releases and wondered to myself why no one's tempted to put a slim or superslim ps3/xbox 360 in a standard orignal case, leaving room for a small pc build within the case.

In the case of the ps3, I think the hardest thing would be the optical drive becase the new ps3 is a top loader where the old one sucked iin. I remember when everyone bitched about them removing linux support and was surprised this wasn't attempted.

Thoughts or ideas?

Dreamcast has been done. LINK

I just can't see the point in trying to stuff the two together. I would imagine the heat generated would require fans that would make the thing annoying. And lest we forget what happens with Xbox's and PS3's and HEAT....

you can buy custom pcs that have xbox or ps3 built into them at store like THIS but im yet to see someone put a pc and a console both in one console i would think the PSU might be a problem to fit.

I saw that mod. Ive got 3 dreamcasts. 2 are broken so I thought about doing it. I think it would make a cool little HTPC. I am a huge Sega and Dreamcast fan.

It was just an idea with the way microsoft and sony keep slimming down. That's all.

As for the dreamcast........I want to do this but I'd love to put some better graphics into it. Considering an Ivy bridge build with the intel HD 4000. Been looking at itx mobos. Also saw some low profile radeon 7750's as well as a beefier afox low profile 7850. But the size and heat worry me. I know either one would not fit as is. I remember seeing a pcie 16x extention cable thing a long time ago, this would help to give me some clearance and be ble to install it vertical when mobo would have to be vertical...

Right now its just brainstrorming.

Also kinda would like to do some crazy get grind radio paint job on it if I found the right artist...

Last edited:
Back