• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a load of crap.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
lol i just got this email from microsoft in my hotmail.
----------------
Don’t let your account freeze up!

Did you know that if your account goes over the 2MB storage limit, it will automatically be frozen? That means:
You won’t be able to send any messages
All e-mails sent to you will bounce back without notification

Your account will stay frozen until you delete enough e-mail to put you under the 2MB limit. Then, you'll need to keep monitoring it to make sure you stay well under the limit.

The better option is to sign up for MSN® Extra Storage. For only $19.95* per year (less than $2 a month) MSN Extra Storage gives you 10MB of storage — five times what you’re getting today. It's the easiest way to avoid a frozen account.

With MSN Extra Storage, you’ll also be able to:
Avoid account expiration — you won't need to sign in every 30 days to keep your account active
Send and receive larger photo attachments
Keep more messages in your Inbox and other folders
---------------
what a load of crap, whos gonna pay to have extra space on a free email service?
wait.. never mind, i forgot the ammount of stupid people there are in the world. i guess microsoft has another source of income.

I use Outlook (not express), it comes with OfficeXP :) i like it much better cuz theres spell check and stuff, hehe.
i just have my hotmail account for when i sign up to stuff. its my spam account.

I won't even touch Outlook. If you have to patch an email program that much and it's still one of the top unsecure apps, you're gonna have problems.

BigRed said:
I use Outlook (not express), it comes with OfficeXP :) i like it much better cuz theres spell check and stuff, hehe.
i just have my hotmail account for when i sign up to stuff. its my spam account.

ummm...I have spell Check with my Outlook Express... You just install Office Xp..

Is it just me or when your not hitting your 2Mb limit they still send these messages to you? It gets on my nerves... I should have my email forwarded to my new optimum Online email account... storeage limit of 20Mb.. Thats better than Hotmail's 10Mb storeage...

BigRed said:
lol i just got this email from microsoft in my hotmail.
----------------
Don’t let your account freeze up!

Did you know that if your account goes over the 2MB storage limit, it will automatically be frozen? That means:
You won’t be able to send any messages
All e-mails sent to you will bounce back without notification

Your account will stay frozen until you delete enough e-mail to put you under the 2MB limit. Then, you'll need to keep monitoring it to make sure you stay well under the limit.

The better option is to sign up for MSN® Extra Storage. For only $19.95* per year (less than $2 a month) MSN Extra Storage gives you 10MB of storage — five times what you’re getting today. It's the easiest way to avoid a frozen account.

With MSN Extra Storage, you’ll also be able to:
Avoid account expiration — you won't need to sign in every 30 days to keep your account active
Send and receive larger photo attachments
Keep more messages in your Inbox and other folders
---------------
what a load of crap, whos gonna pay to have extra space on a free email service?
wait.. never mind, i forgot the ammount of stupid people there are in the world. i guess microsoft has another source of income.

Re: Re: What a load of crap.

FerrariF50 said:
Is it just me or when your not hitting your 2Mb limit they still send these messages to you? It gets on my nerves... I should have my email forwarded to my new optimum Online email account... storeage limit of 20Mb.. Thats better than Hotmail's 10Mb storeage...

not anymore, its 2mb now :beer:

Just use yahoo mail its great, 7mb limit =)
Not much spam at all, maybe a few peaces a week, nothing compaired to hotmail (knocks on wood)
and i have it forwarding it all to outlook (gasp) so it's great :p

Wa11y said:
I won't even touch Outlook. If you have to patch an email program that much and it's still one of the top unsecure apps, you're gonna have problems.

Damn right! That, and its prone to virii attacks, because more people use that than real email programs, like Eudora.

Wa11y said:

its quite sad too, Outlook really sucks for an e-mail program, WAY TOO BLOATED. Outlook Express is really good, though I always really like netscapes mail program(fast, smooth, simple).

Damn right! That, and its prone to virii attacks, because more people use that than real email programs, like Eudora.
Yeah, Eudora has saved my machine at work and at home from viruses bunches of times. I got a copy of that stupid "Love Letter" virus from a client last year, but because I bucked the office trend of using Outlook for email, I didn't end up being the next Computer Virus "Typhoid Mary." If anyone else had gotten that email we probably would have been in deep do-do.

Adovbs

Forwarding Yahoo email won't be free after the end of this month. Check out your 'spam' from Yahoo. I think April 23rd is the last day you can use Yahoo email with the POP / Forwarding service enabled. Got rid of mine solely because of that. Can't stand to use a Web browser for email.

I like having my account on the web. I don't have access to using pop or imap at work, so it is great for me to be able to open up a web browser to check my mail.

You haven't seen crap until you use outlook with exchange as the backend over the corporate intranet connected through a modem. It takes 1 minute to start up and be able to send and read mail. Then it takes about 10-15 seconds to download the mail to read. :mad:

Back