• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon Benching Competition Rules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There really is no safe number of cores but 1 or all. A G3258 wouldn't keep up with an i5
I'd say 2 as I don't recall any single core chips around (hehe!). Joking aside, there is only so much one can do. Take a look at the past contests and let me know how many G3258's were in the comp? I would venture a guess that it is less than the number of Intel Hex's and octo's (though, that seems counter intuitive due to the price, I may be wrong?). You are not going to be able to please everyone. What you are looking at is pleasing the vast majority with the least amount of effort while still getting a good run of the bench. I believe a 4c/t limit does this as best one can with the least amount of effort for the parties involved.

Anyway, I said my peace... and a lot more as usual. I will participate in just about anything assuming I have the time. :)

I do see your point E_D but like I said it's not hard for me to do a per core thing. Actually alot of people will do it if that's how I start scoring it. Besides over in AMD land there's still viable single,double,triple core CPUs for certain benches if you can get the clocks out of them

I like the idea of a per core scoring system but think to keep thing fair when awarding points that we should award 2 winners in intel and 2 in amd. One winner would be the highest overall and one would be highest per core. This way the guys pushing the advanced hardware are not penalized and at the same time guys with cheaper hardware can still be competitive. Ill definately break out the g3258 if we set up a per core point system.

Back